ut4_poison_b7(updated post)

Beta versions of your map
theRipper

Re: ut4_poison_a3

Post by theRipper »

MajkiFajki wrote:More over - Follow usual Del's advice - 6 orientation points. When ppl will play there they need to communicate easily. Currently You have blood baths.
5 more to go :-)

wut?

MajkiFajki

Post by MajkiFajki »

Orientation points = unique things on you maps, like "pillars", "office", "metro".

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

"fountain", "narrow", "balcony", "old alley", whatever.

theRipper

Post by theRipper »

ah. ok.

theRipper

Post by theRipper »

updated layout.

heres some screens.
Spoiler: show

the wall with the window in it will be turned into a pillar or 2
added some stairs instead of ramps

the room with the water tanks will have a catwalk type walkway around part of the room where the division in the wall is.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

I put this map in one of the week 2 matches in the FTW Beta Cup just for some variety. Here's the thread for that match:
http://www.ftwgl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7333

There's a demo you could watch if you want to see clans playing a TS match on it.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Hey Ripper,

I don't know what your goals are for Poison, and if you care about it being "good for competition" or not, but I put a4 in the beta cup last night for some variety, and got a bit of feedback. Here is the match thread http://www.ftwgl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7361 which also has a demo. And http://www.ftwgl.com/forums/showthread. ... 298&page=2

However, the match was a total blowout, so I hardly think that it would be a good representation of the map or how it plays, so take it with a grain of salt.

Swaggzilla: Poison has so many campable spots it's ridiculous. The map has too many hallways and paths in it and just a silly map, not ready for competition tbh.

BludShoT: What makes it so campy? What would fix the campyness?

Swaggzilla: I wouldn't say the map itself is campy, it's more of all the random ass boxes, nooks and crannies that allow players to jway basically. There is a lot of spots I thought were very unnecessary to place in the map, for example the little caged ladder in the middle of the map that allows you to go on top of the lights. What is the point of that? Not to mention that every main area is accessible from like four or five different hallways or openings.
----

(lol, btw, for anyone who doesn't know "jway" means to corner camp)

IDK, I think the map looks like it would be fun. I did notice some odd spots where you can sort of camp up high on top of platforms or lights or whatever. I doubt those are good things. If you take a look at a map like Mandolin (which reminds me of Poison, especially with the extended CTF part inside the factory thing) you won't find any perches like that.

theRipper

Post by theRipper »

i was thinking about removing that perch anyways. the grate/mesh gives me problems :P

"every main area is accessible from like four or five different hallways"
but its campy.

hmm...

and also, @swag why is jwaying a bad thing. improve your game .<3
Last edited by theRipper on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

theRipper

Re: ut4_poison_a6

Post by theRipper »

FIRST POST UPDATED

theRipper

Re: ut4_poison_a6

Post by theRipper »

for gameplay purposes i was wondering if you guys think i should raise chem hall up and come out into chemical treatment room on the catwalk level?

and it ts and ctf mode close off the pit with a hatch?