I believe I have made some progress. I think I am overcoming the glitch, even though I don't understand how. I am simply deleting and remaking the glitched brushes.
I have managed to cut the compile time by about 2/3 by using _blocksize 0 and gridsize 256 256 128. I should have thought to do this before. A test compile with -light -faster takes about 850 seconds now rather than 2300 seconds.
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem