carentan

Beta versions of your map
kryta

carentan

Post by kryta »

Hello everyone.

Now I have finished my first urban terror map and I want to share it to everyone.

This map is inspired in carentan map of Call Od Duty 2.

Here some screenshots:

And the link of my map:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8e0ck4zzfqlq17

Regards

Kryta

thelionroars

Re: carentan

Post by thelionroars »

Screenshots look great - looking forward to trying this!
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> also painted my toe nails pink to match this new bag I found
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

JRandomNoob

Post by JRandomNoob »

There already is ut4_carentan (based on the same CoD map of course); although there’s no author mentioned anywhere in the PK3, it’s most likely built by IceMan. (You can download B4 from urt.li.) You might want to change the name (among other issues there are some shader conflicts). Other than that, your map looks better and has better build quality. Can’t tell anything about how it plays yet though.

Markinho

Post by Markinho »

Sweet map, really good for a first one, only got a few suggestions
The smoke is just "V" shaped, try to make it more natural, then you can add grass and metal surface sounds where I'm standing and on the grass (ofc)
Make some more buildings around the map, don't have to be much detalied and you'll get a better immersion feeling
The only bad thing I saw is the foliage at the bottom of the map, those are only a couple of meshes

Ah, the map is also slightly overscaled too, but it's not a problem

kryta

Post by kryta »

JRandomNoob wrote:There already is ut4_carentan (based on the same CoD map of course); although there’s no author mentioned anywhere in the PK3, it’s most likely built by IceMan. (You can download B4 from urt.li.) You might want to change the name (among other issues there are some shader conflicts). Other than that, your map looks better and has better build quality. Can’t tell anything about how it plays yet though.

Hello JRandomNoob.

I didn't know that there was another carentan map for urban terror :shock:, I download it and I see that there is a problem with a few textures in the other carentan map, why? I don't know what happen because all is inside the pk3.

What I have to do?

Thank you in advance and regards.

JRandomNoob

Post by JRandomNoob »

See the Healthy map article on the CMM wiki. In short, if there are two assets sharing paths (textures/carentan/somegenericname), it will cause problems. The PK3s are loaded alphabetically (from A to Z) so assets from v1a will be loaded after the ones from b4 and effectively overwrite them.

kryta

Post by kryta »

JRandomNoob wrote:See the Healthy map article on the CMM wiki. In short, if there are two assets sharing paths (textures/carentan/somegenericname), it will cause problems. The PK3s are loaded alphabetically (from A to Z) so assets from v1a will be loaded after the ones from b4 and effectively overwrite them.

Ok, sorry for it I'm a beginner.

Now I do the modifications, and upload the new pk3. I remove the old map of mediafire.

Regards.

Kryta.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Nice work - when you've made the changes use the "Upload your map for use on the CMM servers" form on this page to upload the map to CMM. That mediafire link took 40 minutes to download for me.

kryta

Post by kryta »

Markinho wrote:Sweet map, really good for a first one, only got a few suggestions
The smoke is just "V" shaped, try to make it more natural, then you can add grass and metal surface sounds where I'm standing and on the grass (ofc)
Make some more buildings around the map, don't have to be much detalied and you'll get a better immersion feeling
The only bad thing I saw is the foliage at the bottom of the map, those are only a couple of meshes

Ah, the map is also slightly overscaled too, but it's not a problem

Hello Markinho.

I don't know how I have to make the smoke more natural...

In the new map I try to put the grass surface sounds, and remove the foliage at the bottom of the map.

overscaled? Why?

Thank you and regards

kryta

Post by kryta »

johnnyenglish wrote:Nice work - when you've made the changes use the "Upload your map for use on the CMM servers" form on this page to upload the map to CMM. That mediafire link took 40 minutes to download for me.

Ok.

No problem

Regards