carentan

Beta versions of your map
Markinho

Re: carentan

Post by Markinho »

kryta wrote:overscaled? Why?

The doors are about twice as tall as the player model (therefore tables and buildings in general are bigger than normal too), but again, it's not a problem really

kryta

Post by kryta »

Markinho wrote:
kryta wrote:overscaled? Why?

The doors are about twice as tall as the player model (therefore tables and buildings in general are bigger than normal too), but again, it's not a problem really

Ok, where are the tables?

Thank you
Last edited by kryta on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

I've never, not once logged in just to comment on a first map project. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Like you i too love WW2 themed maps. And yours is just brilliant, for a first map it looks great. maybe misses some details and few better textures that wont show off the tiling pattern as much. Couple of decals on the walls and so on.
But those are all cosmetic things. I can't really judge the layout since the download is down unfortunately.
You really shouldn't bother with the other map that has the same name, in almost 10 years I've never seen that map on any servers. So i think you're good to go with the current name.

If you need any help with this map, i will be more than happy to help you out.

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

Such a pretty looking map, did you make it all yourself or use some of the original? If it's all yours, you're very talented.

ta-tas
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> also painted my toe nails pink to match this new bag I found
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

kryta

Post by kryta »

Hi all.

Firstly thank you for your comments and of course your wiki is very great!

Yesterday I solved the conflicts with the other carentan map, and uploaded the new map version in your CMM server the name of the map is (ut4_carentan_kryta_v1b)

If you want you can download it in this link too, http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tmgj ... ta_v1b.pk3.

Regards.

Kryta

kryta

Post by kryta »

thelionroars wrote:Such a pretty looking map, did you make it all yourself or use some of the original? If it's all yours, you're very talented.

ta-tas

Hi thelionroars.

All the map is build by me inspired in the original map, and all textures are from a lot of sources like http://imageafter.com/, http://cgtextures.com/, http://texturelib.com/, etc...

Some textures are modified by me with gimp, and minimap is made by me with gimp blending three textures.

Except two tanks all models are made by me with blender, like arches, window box, trees, bags, etc...

Regards.

Kryta.

Swiiitan

Post by Swiiitan »

Congratz to your first map! It looks awesome :D

When i saw this it made me very happy because Carentan is one of my all time favorite maps! Call of Duty 2 is the best game ever made so ye i was super hyped about this map ^^

Now let me ask you some questions:

1. Is it intentional to be able to get up on the roofs? because it was really easy. so at least player clip the roofs in CTF, TS and BOMB :)

2. Is it intentional that you placed the Bomb Spots at different areas?
The red one is kinda accurate located but the black one is suppose to be between the green tank and the Fence. Idk if you did this for balance/better gameplay but i thought id just let you know :)

3.Is this map based on the Call of Duty 1 game? or have you added new things to the map yourself?(like the ceiling & the hole in the wall to the black bombspot.) I'm asking because those additions was not in the CoD2 Carentan that i played :P

Overall thoughts:
The scaling feels a little bit of and it makes the map very tight. It is still a great job though :)
The windows feels to tight and should be enlarged a bit (At least the 2 windows for the over path.)

Are you thinking of making more Cod 2 maps for UrT?
That would be awesome because i truly loved that game <3

Thanks!

//Swiiitan

kryta

Post by kryta »

Swiiitan wrote:Congratz to your first map! It looks awesome :D

When i saw this it made me very happy because Carentan is one of my all time favorite maps! Call of Duty 2 is the best game ever made so ye i was super hyped about this map ^^

Now let me ask you some questions:

1. Is it intentional to be able to get up on the roofs? because it was really easy. so at least player clip the roofs in CTF, TS and BOMB :)

2. Is it intentional that you placed the Bomb Spots at different areas?
The red one is kinda accurate located but the black one is suppose to be between the green tank and the Fence. Idk if you did this for balance/better gameplay but i thought id just let you know :)

3.Is this map based on the Call of Duty 1 game? or have you added new things to the map yourself?(like the ceiling & the hole in the wall to the black bombspot.) I'm asking because those additions was not in the CoD2 Carentan that i played :P

Overall thoughts:
The scaling feels a little bit of and it makes the map very tight. It is still a great job though :)
The windows feels to tight and should be enlarged a bit (At least the 2 windows for the over path.)

Are you thinking of making more Cod 2 maps for UrT?
That would be awesome because i truly loved that game <3

Thanks!

//Swiiitan

Hi Swiiitan.

Thank you for your comments, I will try to reply your questions:

1. I have not considered that possibility, in what roofs is possible to get up?

2. Yes, I did this for balance/better gameplay but I don't know if are the best places.

3. This map is inspired in carentan of Call Of Duty 2 but I have added new things, for example, I have changed the placard of dupasque to café de normandie because I think that it is more faithful to the historical context, and is possible climb up three flights of stairs in café de normandie building, I think that it is better.

Is possible that in the future I will build a new map inspired in any Call Of Duty 2 map.

Regards.

Kryta.

banksy

Post by banksy »

I need those sandbags!!!! Hahaha.

kryta

Post by kryta »

banksy wrote:I need those sandbags!!!! Hahaha.

Hi banksy.

Of course with this link http://www.mediafire.com/download/s34ft ... ta_bag.zip you can download my sandbag model, please read the readme file for a good importing in your maps.

Regards.

Kryta