After a lot of trouble here it is, ut4_excejumps_b1! Consider this an early xmas present, maybe a late xmas present? :p (some will understand).Name:
6.5 out of 10Download:
Mirror #1: CMM
Mirror #2: DropboxScreens:Story:
Me and Exception have known each other for quite a while now, and we even teamed up in a couple projects. This map is my way of saying thanks for all he has done for me, and for the great friend he has been all over these years. Thank you exception!Changelog a2 to b1:
- Huge design change, everything is different.
- A couple jumps were made harder
- Jump 4 is now easierChangelog b1 to b1a:
- Better looking water and waterfall (no longer shiny).
- Better lighting and shadows (although still a bit jagged at points, I just couldn't change the sun angle without completely changing the whole map light).
- (Hopefully) better vis. Managed to compile with -hint and -merge now.
- Changed skybox tone, it's less green(ish) and more blue(ish) now.
- Changed excejumps glass texture at the spawn.
- Fixed spawns at J1, you now should spawn on the side you start in.
- J1 was made easier, you can now comfortably give 3 prejumps.Secrets:
If I told you, would they continue being secrets?Thanks:
and others... More info on the readme file.FAQs:Did you do it all by yourself?
As much as I'd like to say this map was entirely done by me, truth is, I had a lot of help in the process of making it. A huge thanks goes to HappyDay for helping me with hinting and NulL for assisting in shader and compile problems.Will there be any FPS drops?
The map is optimized to run just fine without any problems. With the help of HappyDay I managed to create (alongside him) a great vis optimization via hint brushes and Z cornered corridors. 125 stable FPS throughout the map is expected. (Don't mind the screenshot on the waterfalls, taking a screenshot sometimes freezes my computer which lowers fps..)Will we have access to the map files?
Yes. I decided that all my projects will be open source. I want other mappers to learn from my mistakes as well as from what I did right.
I hope you all like it, and I'm sorry for the delay.
Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya