ut4_darkwater

Final versions of Custom Map Maker maps
wily

ut4_darkwater

Post by wily »

Newb to CMM, timing is coincidentally perfect, so here goes.

Official release is here: http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi ... darkwater/

A glance at what's in store:

I'm posting a release here as well because, in some of my maps, I like to push boundaries and introduce new stuff in the process. I usually don't get any type of dev feedback. Some of the things buried in my maps are incredible, like in this case a script tool and .map file - but go largely unnoticed.

I hope the residents of CMM find such jewels useful in some way. Well, I think they're valuable! 8-)

xandaxs

Re: ut4_darkwater

Post by xandaxs »

Gonna test this as soon as I get home. This map looks amazing. Hope it'll be fun to play, I'm going to run a fun server and I want this map there :)
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Added to CMM server - /connect http://www.custommapmakers.org

One hell of a wacky map, struggled with 20fps at times but technically marvellous.

shot0023.jpg

Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Well, yea. I'm still not a mapper and only a user... It's kind of weird that everything is shaking horribly and the ship is sinking below waterlevel, cannons aren't pointed into the direction you'll be flying, and I don't even know if tacs will ruin the map because you probably can see everything even through the rain. But if Johnny says it's technically marvellous then I am sure it's the best one can do given the technical possibilites.

It's interesting how everything is so dark, water is completely dark, once you're below water surface there are currents pushing you down so you have to try harder to get to the surface... this all seems to be a lot more real.

Awesome work, man!

Iye

Post by Iye »

Totally agree to Johnny. Awesome work. Did a short post at the UrT Forums, cuz i wasnt sure if you wanted to keep it central.

Short note to the CMM server: Server page needs an update, still says 4.2 server is on port 27961, but the cmm.org is the 4.2 server.

btw. GG Marvin :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|