fancy water

Having a problem with a shader or texture
nemNEMnem

fancy water

Post by nemNEMnem »

hi guys, hi have a problem with the fancy water, but it dont have to do directly with the water, its more the fps:

the water: (and the fps :()
Fancy Water
Fancy Water

you can see, the water is good, but my fps is in this little map (just 1 house with some models, and all perfect caulked)
maximum 44

so, why?
i used the watershader for the whole waterbrush, is this right? or should the notsee-sides caulked?
for a big tree, you need a small axe.
--Bob Marley--

Rylius
King wiki

Re: fancy water

Post by Rylius »

Get a better graphics card.

And caulk the sides, yes. But that won't change much
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

I personally would not use fancywater for such a small "uninteresting" thing, more for a fountain in a seperate area of the map...
'watercaulk' the sides and the bottom of the water brush, and you'll see it will make a difference :)
^^ the water will not try to reflect itself lol :p

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

You know, since some of you guys are developing maps for HD, it would be good to know what the target PC specs are for HD. I imagine that might not be set in stone yet, but I think it would be cool if FS let you know what the minimum, recommended specs are. Anybody know? Because it's not possible for HD, or maps made for HD to cater to all pc specs... Even in 4.x we're already having a problem (like for example people complaining about FPS in Oaks and Poland) where I feel like there's no set idea of what kind of hardware should be aimed to be supported.

For example, yesterday I had the idea that imo, today's 4.x maps should probably cater as far down as to like video cards that cost $50 today (but not further down than that), and to.. I dunno, something like a 2ghz dual core / 3ghz single core type pc.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

I get better FPS on Crysis than when I look at fancy water. Bad engine, that's what it is.

nemNEMnem

Post by nemNEMnem »

thats what i sayd, i dont have problem with those waters in CoD:MW1-3
for a big tree, you need a small axe.
--Bob Marley--

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

First of all it's not a same water shader. Second you're comparing openGl with directx. Third I'm not having any issues with water, if it's not self reflecting it's not a big enough load to give me drops.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

Well then they need to make the effect look worse, 16fps can't be good for matches.