Some Questions | Need Help

Having a problem with a shader or texture
Rylius
King wiki

Re: Some Questions | Need Help

Post by Rylius »

Guys, we have countless normal mapping tutorials in our Wiki.

Stop bothering Rayne, he made a decision and you'll have to accept that.
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

also not to mention, the active mapping community for UrT is like 4 people... So who really has the time to invest it in 4 people?

ValkoVer

Post by ValkoVer »

4 people? aww cmon :roll:

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

Valkover, Delirium, JohnnyEnglish and HappyDay.

lol.
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

ValkoVer

Post by ValkoVer »

MajkiFajki...:mrgreen: and other FS mappers? They doesn't count? Ah but we are talking about normal mapping tutorial. So you may be right

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

UrT mapping community is down on it's knees to be honest. Compared to how it used to look like in the old days this is nothing.
Del remembers it, how it looked like when WillyDuck, Bee, Tub and many other great mappers were around. This today...it's nothing. Some fun map made in 3 days is released here and there, no significant projects from new mappers worth mentioning.
There's nothing in the game appealing enough to make people learn how to map. Especially today when you have like 2 dozen games you can map for and all give mappers so much more.
More exposure, better engine, bigger player base, regular updates of the SDK, proper layout testing, experienced mappers giving feedback and advice. Other games moved on, UrT mappers moved on with them, but UrT is standing still.

Don;t be surprised if 4.2 all of a sudden receives a "big" engine upgrade so it performs like UrT HD and a massive map pack is released.
And that will probably be it, the end of Urban Terror, last version ever.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

I Remember it, and to be honest It makes me sick to think it's now gone.

There used to be a new map released at least once every 2-3 days. Now you'd be lucky to get 1 every 2 weeks.
There were endless lists of people to help and the community was intact. Now because of FS's inactivity people have dropped off. This could have potentially been a HUGE game. But like most other games there wasn't any love poured into it. I know these people had their own lives but thats no excuse. Bohemia and Cascade both sat in the dust for 2 years, being unplayed... THAT is disgusting, even having 1 map released is a big thing, even the new map updates would have been good.

I'm disappointed, and FS only have themselves to blame.

I personally don't know if the community will come back. I mean, it might... It did in 4.0 but that was because the game went from a MOD to stand alone... so anyone could play it.

I miss the old mappers, I miss the devotion I used to see, I miss my friends. You all are all that's left of a great community.

*le sigh*