Welcome to CMM

The CMM forum software was recently upgraded, some things may have changed and some things may be broken or not working. Please let me know by PM or on IRC if you have any problems using this forum.

Also, I've removed the skybox and shader links for now, the shader generator page was being abused and as we're moving towards a ue4 mapping base, they're redundant.

Can not get custom textures to work

Having a problem with a shader or texture
SweeTooth

Can not get custom textures to work

Postby SweeTooth » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:36 am

I am a noob at mapping and i can not get my textures to work. I made a folder in my q3ut4 named textures. I made a folder with in my textures called untitled and i put a few .jpg images in that folder. I opened radiant and the folder didn't show up in my texture browser. I tried adding untitled to the shaderlist.txt and it still didn't work. I even flushed and reloaded my shaders for the hell of it, but it isnt a shader i just want the textures to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :D

Markinho

Re: Can not get custom textures to work

Postby Markinho » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:14 am

Are you sure the paths are correct (edit>preferences>paths) ?

SweeTooth

Postby SweeTooth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 am

Yes, if it is supposed to be set to My Urban terror folder.

Markinho

Postby Markinho » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:08 am

It's supposed to be set to your UrT mapping folder

Rayne
Site Admin

Postby Rayne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:14 am

Under edit/preferences/path the path must point to the folder where the engine is.
Under file/project settings, a custom quake III modifications needs to be selected and bellow is a box that says fs_game, type in q3ut4 here.

If the texture folder still isn't showing, delete it, and create it again in q3ut4/textures folder.

SweeTooth

Postby SweeTooth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:22 pm

I checked and i seem to have my paths set correctly and i just tried deleting my textures folder and I made a new one and i put a new .jpg in their and it still doesn't seem to work.

Rayne
Site Admin

Postby Rayne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Are you deleting the folder named "textures" in the q3ut4 folder or the newly created folder you made inside of the q3ut4/textures folder.

SweeTooth

Postby SweeTooth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:40 pm

I deleted the folder named textures in my q3ut4 folder. I shouldn't have to make a shader for the texture to work should I?

Rayne
Site Admin

Postby Rayne » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:58 pm

OK, now create a folder in the q3ut4 folder, named "textures", and now create a new folder inside the "textures" folder and name it anything you want.
So the path to your map texture folder will look like this q3ut4/textures/my_map_textures

SweeTooth

Postby SweeTooth » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:13 pm

Yeah that is what i have been trying,but it still doesn't work. Thanks for helping me by the way :D
So this is what it looks like, and i am almost certain my paths for gtk are correct. This doesn't work.

Return to “Shaders / textures”