Can not get custom textures to work

Having a problem with a shader or texture
SweeTooth

Can not get custom textures to work

Post by SweeTooth »

I am a noob at mapping and i can not get my textures to work. I made a folder in my q3ut4 named textures. I made a folder with in my textures called untitled and i put a few .jpg images in that folder. I opened radiant and the folder didn't show up in my texture browser. I tried adding untitled to the shaderlist.txt and it still didn't work. I even flushed and reloaded my shaders for the hell of it, but it isnt a shader i just want the textures to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :D

Markinho

Re: Can not get custom textures to work

Post by Markinho »

Are you sure the paths are correct (edit>preferences>paths) ?

SweeTooth

Post by SweeTooth »

Yes, if it is supposed to be set to My Urban terror folder.

Markinho

Post by Markinho »

It's supposed to be set to your UrT mapping folder

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Under edit/preferences/path the path must point to the folder where the engine is.
Under file/project settings, a custom quake III modifications needs to be selected and bellow is a box that says fs_game, type in q3ut4 here.

If the texture folder still isn't showing, delete it, and create it again in q3ut4/textures folder.

SweeTooth

Post by SweeTooth »

I checked and i seem to have my paths set correctly and i just tried deleting my textures folder and I made a new one and i put a new .jpg in their and it still doesn't seem to work.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Are you deleting the folder named "textures" in the q3ut4 folder or the newly created folder you made inside of the q3ut4/textures folder.

SweeTooth

Post by SweeTooth »

I deleted the folder named textures in my q3ut4 folder. I shouldn't have to make a shader for the texture to work should I?

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

OK, now create a folder in the q3ut4 folder, named "textures", and now create a new folder inside the "textures" folder and name it anything you want.
So the path to your map texture folder will look like this q3ut4/textures/my_map_textures

SweeTooth

Post by SweeTooth »

Yeah that is what i have been trying,but it still doesn't work. Thanks for helping me by the way :D
So this is what it looks like, and i am almost certain my paths for gtk are correct. This doesn't work.