Welcome to CMM

The CMM forum software was recently upgraded, some things may have changed and some things may be broken or not working. Please let me know by PM or on IRC if you have any problems using this forum.

Also, I've removed the skybox and shader links for now, the shader generator page was being abused and as we're moving towards a ue4 mapping base, they're redundant.

Timed doors

Brushwork, patches and other issues
RedSnappa

Timed doors

Postby RedSnappa » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

I have two sets of doors. I want the first set open and the second set closed for 6 minutes, then the second set open and the first set closed for 6 minutes, and so on. What is the best way to set this up?

The usefulness of this is to create an unbalanced CTF with 4 blue flags and 1 red flag for 6 minutes, followed by 4 red flags and 1 blue flag for 6 minutes.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

bludshot

Re: Timed doors

Postby bludshot » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Seems like you should be able to do this just by having one of the doors start open and the other doors start closed. Then just do a target delay / relay (whatever) to trigger both doors every 6 minutes. I don't know the precise entities for this off the top of my head but that's how you'd do it I think.

Return to “Brush / patches and other mesh”