Caulking

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
RedSnappa

Re: Caulking

Post by RedSnappa »

gsigms wrote:the "clip use caulk" is a good practice, but it would be great if it could do watercaulk with water brush!

Or lavacaulk or slimecaulk. The next map I make will have lava and slime in it.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

RedSnappa wrote:
gsigms wrote:the "clip use caulk" is a good practice, but it would be great if it could do watercaulk with water brush!

Or lavacaulk or slimecaulk. The next map I make will have lava and slime in it.

may be if you could define a list of shaders and the shaders to use for new faces created by the clip tool, it could be nice, or having a "qer_clipwith shader" editor directive in your shader.

none of this would revolutionise mapping, but I guess it is easily doable.
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

HappyDay

Post by HappyDay »

gsigms wrote:Happy can spot surfaces to caulk like farts in a car !

Lol, nice comparison :)
But yeah, the idea is not bad. This would speed up mapping for 4.1, but not really needed if mapping for HD. Hmm, or could this even work with models? idk
Have a happy day! :)

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

I wouldn't check for surfaces touching the void, I would check for surfaces that are not inside the hull of the map. Also, for surfaces that are partially inside the map and partially not, those could be identified to be fixed or have their texture changed to bright green or something (and then you could easily find all those faces (brushes))

I suppose on the first pass I would check for all surfaces that are entirely facing the void yeah.

As for "unseen" faces that are inside the map, such as roof tops, well, the mapper can manually make those choices.