URT-Mapping Package (installing UrT as game in the Radiant)

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
nemNEMnem

URT-Mapping Package (installing UrT as game in the Radiant)

Post by nemNEMnem »

Hi, first of all: sry for my bad english. :D
I think this is interessting for the new Mapper and also for the "old" Mapper.
I create a Urban Terror Mapping Packet, which allows you to handle Urban Terror as a single game in the Radiant, not as a Mod for Quake 3.
It works with the NetRadiant and GtkRadiant.

What does this mean?
It means that, if you want to create maps for Urban Terror you only have to download a radiant and install this package and don't have to follow a long instruction.

Is there something else?
Yes, you have with the NetRadiant the same possibilytis as the GtkRadiant. There is a .def in it from Delirium, called ut_item_drop.
This .def allow you to put Weapons directly into the map. Also there are the Standard Shaderlist and the urbanterror.def in it.

INSTALLATION:
1.Copy the folders to your net/gtkradiant-folder.
2.Select the Game Urban Terror in Edit->Preferences->Game
3.Select the path to your Urban Terror.
4.Restart your Radiant.
Download it here:
http://nem.cwsurf.de/?page_id=40

By anyone Questions send a email to: knightwave@web.de or conntact me at my homepage, in the http://www.UrbanTerror.info Forum or in http://www.urbanterror.de, http://www.viper-project.de or http://nem.cwsurf.de

Good Luck
nemNEMnem
for a big tree, you need a small axe.
--Bob Marley--

xandaxs

Re: URT-Mapping Package (installing UrT as game in the Radia

Post by xandaxs »

AS i already have the other version installed i wont bother to install this one...
But it's nice for new mappers i guess :)
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

This is great, I used it to install netRadiant on my new pc. And I can say it sure made it a lot easier than all the crap in my old 1.5 Tutorial!

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

bludshot wrote:This is great, I used it to install netRadiant on my new pc. And I can say it sure made it a lot easier than all the crap in my old 1.5 Tutorial!

It's really cool and will help people. But after installing (and swearing my ass off) radiant for the first by following your tut Bludshot i can do it now with my eyes closed. And i like to know exactly where what goes.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Yeah true. You probably swore your ass off even more since I'm pretty sure my tutorial has 1 or 2 errors in it lol.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

bludshot wrote:Yeah true. You probably swore your ass off even more since I'm pretty sure my tutorial has 1 or 2 errors in it lol.

Not really no. There's only one error, which you corrected in the same sentence, the entity definitiion file goes in baseq3 under radiant installation not in the scripts folder.
So when it didn't work in scripts i moved it to radiant folder and it all worked fine. So IMO the tutorial is accurate.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Ok cool, yeah I'm pretty awesome ;) I feel like a generation of mappers got started with my tutorial. It was really ridiculous before I wrote it, as far as I could see there was no documentation anywhere on how to get started mapping for urt... just disparate bits and pieces all over the place.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

bludshot wrote:Ok cool, yeah I'm pretty awesome ;) I feel like a generation of mappers got started with my tutorial. It was really ridiculous before I wrote it, as far as I could see there was no documentation anywhere on how to get started mapping for urt... just disparate bits and pieces all over the place.

That's one of reasons why i made this place (technically revived it since it exists since ALPHA clan was made), there's a lot of info and knowledge, but it's all scattered and it takes forever to find everything.
Our wikki is a prime example of how info can be gathered and saved for future generations if people see it's true value.