For all topics related to using or installing radiant
quick

Re: Flipping a texture?

Post by quick »

Any fic for my problem? It closes when I do the - and don't do anything

JRandomNoob

Post by JRandomNoob »

That’s definitely something that shouldn’t happen, the surface inspector should stay open until you close it. Can you change the stretch values by clicking on the arrow buttons? What Radiant and which version are you using?

Swiiitan

Post by Swiiitan »

vulture wrote:
Swiiitan wrote:Image

ftfy :D

xD made me rofl <3

quick

Post by quick »

I use 1.6.4

quick

Post by quick »

I can change the value by using the arrows, but then it's not fit anymore.

JRandomNoob

Post by JRandomNoob »

OK, this is still not a proper solution, but:
• After you’ve changed the stretch, hitting “Fit” should fit the texture but keep the negative value(s) negative
• You can disable texture lock (padlock button, or Shift+T in my Radiant), rotate the brush 180° around the Z axis, re-enable texture lock and rotate it again

EDIT: Installed 1.6.4, I get the exact same problem. Additionally, the displayed stretch (or “scale”) values don’t change when I press Fit. (And none of the preferences get saved, and… but never mind that right now.) So it’s indeed a bug and you should get an older version — I assume other people here would be able to give suggestions. (I’m using much older 1.5.0 myself.)

Texture lock is split into two in 1.6.4 (separate for moves and rotations) and can be found under the Textures menu. You want to disable/enable lock for rotations of course.

HappyDay

Post by HappyDay »

Yeah, seems to be a bug in that radiant version. Get an older version of radiant and you should be fine. The one from 08-Jan-2013 works fine: http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/downloads/1.6/ or try 1.5 http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/downloads.html#archived
Have a happy day! :)

quick

Post by quick »

Thx for the help, but I'll keep the version since it's the newest and stable version.
Also because I wont be done with my map this year (I'm so bad to make details, so it's gonna take a long time for that).

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

Newest doesn't ways mean best. Softwares in development usually come full of bugs. I this case you've already found one of them.. When you reach a more advanced level of mapping and want to do terrain and rock walls you'll find it impossible to be done on 1.6.4 simply because you can't select multiple vertices.

I've always been a radiant 1.5 user. But I've been there, I also tried zero radiant and different versions of it. So much shortcut commands had changed + all those bugs. I just had to go back to 1.5
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

Markinho

Post by Markinho »

When everybody recommends to try another version, there is a reason :p Levant (FS) still uses 1.4 I think, it's not about the latest and most stable, it's about which one works the way you want, I also tried 1.6.x and immediately ran back to 1.5 due to various problems (mostly the one xandaxs said, which is vital to make icy jump maps)