Textures

Questions about models, making models and problems with models
ValkoVer

Textures

Post by ValkoVer »

How to make these sexy textures for model from scratch (not shity photo source), using gimp? As example, i've made forklift, how to make wheels for it? Or metal? Yes, i tried google :P

Rayne
Site Admin

Re: Textures

Post by Rayne »

first get a graphic tablet, any older wacom tablet will do, then read few tutorials that cover the "digital painting" subject.
And in the end find few tuts with some tips and tricks for texture painting,

ValkoVer

Post by ValkoVer »

I REALLY need tablet? Shit D: I can't imagine drawing something "by hand"

Rylius
King wiki

Post by Rylius »

Drawing by mouse is MUCH worse. I have some Wacom Bamboo one, it's only A6 size - still enough. Cost some 80 euros, there's cheaper ones out there. (Wacom is quality though)
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Yep you really do need it. My intuos S broke down after a coffee incident. I never in my life cried over an object, but that day i cried.
I loved that thing and I'll definitely get another one as soon as i have some spare money to spend. Only this time I'll go for a medium sized one. Even tho the small one was enough for retouching and photo editing.
I sugegst you get a cheaper genius tablet, their price ranges between 25 and 50 euros. Not the best quality but definitely best buy for someone new to this.
later on you can switch to something better.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

Rayne wrote:Yep you really do need it. My intuos S broke down after a coffee incident. I never in my life cried over an object, but that day i cried.
I loved that thing and I'll definitely get another one as soon as i have some spare money to spend. Only this time I'll go for a medium sized one. Even tho the small one was enough for retouching and photo editing.
I sugegst you get a cheaper genius tablet, their price ranges between 25 and 50 euros. Not the best quality but definitely best buy for someone new to this.
later on you can switch to something better.

I have a Genius tablet, but I never actually trying making textures with it.

LynXIII

Post by LynXIII »

A feew weeks ago I've seen something that works like a drawing tablet, just better! It's a small tool which you can attach to the paper your drawing on, and it will create photoshop layers out of it... :shock:
I forgot to bookmark it and I completly forgot the name of it, too... sorry. Maybe some1 else knows what I've seen?

Edit: found it again! there you go:

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

that is an expensive toy that does same thing as tablet only with a lot lower precision.
If that scanner thingy is move from the original position the whole image you're drawing is messed up.
You're better off buying a tablet for that money.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

Let Wacom improve that gadget before buying it, it does have potential.