Blender to .ase

Questions about models, making models and problems with models
cec.

Blender to .ase

Post by cec. »

Hey,
I'm working on Aztec again and wanted to put some nice palms and plants made by this guy in there. Well, the problem is that all these models are in .obj and not in .ase so that you can't import them in Radiant. Okay, let's import them in Blender I thought and it somehow worked (I still have no idea how to apply a bump map in Blender, how do you do it in the newest version?). Now the reason why I started this topic: how to export a model made in Blender (mac) to .ase? There is a script but that doesn't seem to work on my mac, it just doesn't show up in the export menu. Is there any tool that can convert models directly from .obj to .ase or is Blender/etc. the only possibility? If Blender is really the only possibility, is there anybody out there who works on a mac and can help me?

Thanks, and I'm glad to see you guys are still okay and getting better and better :)

MajkiFajki

Re: Blender to .ase

Post by MajkiFajki »

/offtop

NICE TO SEE YOU!

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

I use Biturn to convert models from almost all formats to ASE then edit the texture paths from there, not sure if it works for Mac through, try googling it

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

Idk how to do it.
But I have to say that gallery looks nice :D
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

ValkoVer

Post by ValkoVer »

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Nobiax is great i got him on my watch list since spring.

cec.

Post by cec. »

Thanks, I'll try Biturn even though it doesn't work on mac (I have to use a Windows machine to compile and will try it then).
And yes, ValkoVer, these models are really good. They already are in my map because you gave me that link :) But I wanted to have some more variation (or try to look if they go well together) – and these plants look just so amazing.

cec.

Post by cec. »

I tried to convert one of his models (this one: http://Nobiax.deviantart.com/art/Free-Palm-Plant-Pack-176101197) but it didn't work. Biturn exported an .ase-file that I could import in Radiant but the model doesn't show up. According to the entity list, it's in there but you can't see it. Am I doing something wrong? Does it work for you with this model?

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

cec. Dunno if you're on linux but biturn annoyingly exports with a capital file extension .ASE - you'll need it to be lowercase for linux.

cec.

Post by cec. »

Oh, yes, it really is .ASE and not .ase. Although I made in in Windows, I'll check it in moment if that was the problem.

(Damn, mapping on a Mac is so annoying if you don't own a second Windows machine.)