Funstuff

Questions about models, making models and problems with models
Muffie

Funstuff

Post by Muffie »

I'm updating my old funstuff to work with the female models and it's been so long since i've done anything with modeling.

I can get it in game just fine but I can't seem to get it to line up correctly. I'm using the officialy released heads models for making funstuff.

Are heads in 4.2 different?

I've treid 3ds, gmax and milkshape, milkshape is the oldest and seems to work the best IMO, but I really need a head that loads in at the right position for model placement.

FrankieV

Re: Funstuff

Post by FrankieV »

Yes the 4.2 player models have changed and are different from the 4.1 versions. A known issue with the 4.1 models is they were built 12.5% under scale and code was added to scale up the models to the full 72 units as to what they needed to be.

In 4.2 player models were properly scaled and the scale code removed that was causing a side effect to collision detection.

The fix for now is to eyeball added funstuff and move the object around relative to the tag_head until it fits. Yes a bit of a pain but with out seeing the scene file you might have to scale up 12.5% as the old heads were based on the 62 unit player models and then the funstuff upscale in code to fit the then player models.

Muffie

Re: Funstuff

Post by Muffie »

I have another issue.

i have say muffie_b_0_2.md3 through muffie_b_3_2.md3 and the same for the red team, but it doesn't show up on certain skins like say it won't show up on the skin corresponding too muffie_b_2_2.md3