Welcome to CMM

The CMM forum software was recently upgraded, some things may have changed and some things may be broken or not working. Please let me know by PM or on IRC if you have any problems using this forum.

Also, I've removed the skybox and shader links for now, the shader generator page was being abused and as we're moving towards a ue4 mapping base, they're redundant.

Meta-mapping

Inspiration and ideas for layouts
RedSnappa

Meta-mapping

Postby RedSnappa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Has anyone tried the idea of making a large world, something too large to be a single map, and then cutting it in different places to get many different maps out of it?
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: Meta-mapping

Postby johnnyenglish » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:29 am

I had an idea to make 5 or 7 small TDM maps which "join" by either winning or loosing the round, so:

Teams start on map 3 (of 5) and if red win, a server bot changes the map to map 2 (of 5), if the blue win the map advances to map 4 (of 5). All maps would use the same textures / shaders but be packed individually.

I decided it was a boring idea and never persued it.

vulture

Postby vulture » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 am

My map is too big for the UrT engine and needs to be cut down, does that count? :(

Biddle

Postby Biddle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:53 pm

That resembles a lot to Asche and Holblin's assault mode Johny, even though the spirit is a bit diferent the concrete idea is pretty similar :)

Return to “Layouts”