4.2 first impressions and problems?

A forum to discuss Urban Terror
johnnyenglish
Space cake

4.2 first impressions and problems?

Post by johnnyenglish »

My only problem is that my authkey file cannot be found, it worked once and now I have a lot of scrolling auth server messages.

banksy

Re: 4.2 first impressions and problems?

Post by banksy »

It wont download through the updater. Says server cant be found or a problem with my internet, but i checked my net and there's no connection problems

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

My installation was fine, I am on my 5th attempt at getting my auth key mailed to me but there are many people in the same boat.

The game looks awesome. My desktop has some expensive hardware and maps like Cascade look amazing. Reflections and stuff on the older maps are just beautiful *crys*. Even Kingpin looks nice when I never thought it did before. The layout changes with Kingdom are great, I think there are quite a few good standard maps to choose from now.

The animations are still cracking me up, this is the obvious thing for them to work on. They should look for someone with a lot of experience in md3 I guess.
Last edited by thelionroars on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> also painted my toe nails pink to match this new bag I found
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

banksy

Post by banksy »

yes the animations are very unrealistic, but remember, "fun over realism" :P

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

hits over nice animations more like it :) I think they will fix them if they can though for 4.2
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

Heh, I have it already, but i've no idea where to get my auth key as I am already registered on urt.info for years :/
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

banksy

Post by banksy »

on your profile? get it re-sent

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

Click on 'My Profile' when you are logged in, then you will see an option to get the auth key by mail on the right hand side. It is pot luck whether it will work right at this moment, if it doesn't you will have to wait 1 hour before you can try again.

pickles
Site Admin

Post by pickles »

Mine works lovely, even the auth key.

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

Oh and LMS is great fun, I think it may take over in popularity from Team Survivor for pub matches.