semi automatic model cliping

General mapping discussions
gsigms

Re: semi automatic model cliping

Post by gsigms »

I finished coding the missing features last monday, but I am at a conference for work so I am gonna put it online along with a tutorial on the wiki tonight or tomorrow, if you don't mind waiting

the math is very simple, transformations (translation/scaling/axis rotation) are 4x4 matrices, to combine transformations is to multiply those 4x4 matrices (the order matters), to apply the transformation to a 3d point is done by multiplying that 3d vector by the combined 4x4 transformation matrix.

if you prefer Java, ramb surface generator uses the same maths.
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

DagF

Post by DagF »

Well this math is simple as it's just to add the cordinats of the model to the cordniats to the brush(havent looked at the rotating yet tought).
But it's a 3*3 matrics isent it? x, y and z.
And radiant isent really using vektors? It's using point's?

As i understand it there are 3 point's that draws a face so for a box there are 6 lines with 3 points drawing 6 faces? I might be all wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

I am fairly new to programming. I know html, css and some php and batch. So it dosent really mater what language it is in. But i would just like to have a look anyway. No hurry btw.

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

wiki page with download link and tutorial

here
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

That's great, I've got so many manky models to clip - I like that you can -unclip

You get best wiki entry this week prize.

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

johnnyenglish wrote:That's great, I've got so many manky models to clip - I like that you can -unclip

You get best wiki entry this week prize.

CMC is licensed under beerware revision 42.

you find it useful -> I get a beer :D

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

I owe you some beer - this is going to be great.

I have a lot of these bus station seats scattered around so I thought your auto clipper would be ideal.

I think I followed the instructions to the letter and for some of the models the clipping is perfect - however some with rotation are a bit wrong.

Slightly miscalculated rotation
Slightly miscalculated rotation

Help!

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

fixed: I forgot to handle the "angle" misc_model property

the version on the wiki is up to date.

thank you Johnny