swear swear q3map2

A place to chat about anything you like, within reason
Delirium

Re: swear swear q3map2

Post by Delirium »

I'd like to see some comparison shots of your _minlight versus bounce 99.. I've used both before, and I know not to use minlight on any map of mine ever again...

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Um, well, I personally don't like minlight at all, it doesn't give the result that I like and for a final finished map I think bounce 99 gives a good result and still ensures that black is black.

I've checked, all my other maps compile fine except for bus stop, I even dug out glug and compiled that and it's fine.

Before I throw the map out I'd be prepared to pack it all up and send it to someone to look at but with all the models and textures there's probably a 70mb download.

If anyone would care to look at the map I'll pack it up but I'm just as happy to build it again, the hardest part for me is choosing textures and making models and I've done all that.

I'm back on ubuntu - I spent a day with Windows 7 and didn't enjoy the experience, to my eyes its not much better than vista and a hell of a lot slower than XP.

I did have a thought last night that a jpeg image might be causing the problem, I had that issue once before where a jpeg had CMYK colourspace and totally messed up at the compile stage so today I'll go through and check they're all ok.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

upload everything, I'll check it out for you.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Its about 50mb, it's not very tidy but if you get time - Bus stop dev

the map file bus_detail_rails.map is the actual map, the others are just attempts to diagnose what's wrong.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

Remove all models and check line 4011 of all of them when you add them again, q3map2.exe was giving an error about that. I got compiling working without any entities on the map except worldspawn.

Here's the map file without any entities: http://www.mediafire.com/?4rq8lmfx3t56jr9

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

woot - thats it flajeen, there's a WIP model which is a bit massive (3mb ase), if I leave this out it works.

I owe you a pie.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

Can I have your hat instead of a pie?