Rayne
Site Admin

Re: what kind of a game would you make

Post by Rayne »

Valkover is reading my mind.

ValkoVer

Post by ValkoVer »

Justme (heh i like this name A LOT more), but this game requires HL2 doesn't it? I don't see big glowing "Its free!" phrase... And i forgot to add, that Doom3 have map editor similiar to gtkradiant afaik (its generally similiar to idtech3, right?).

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

One reason i don't like doom3 engine all that much is the lighting. Shadows are too hard, ray tracing i think.
Not sure if by now the engine was updated and lighting changed but original lighting wasn't all that impressive (or better said, right now isn't that impressive).

Swiiitan

Post by Swiiitan »

its fine call me whatever of it ^^

No you dont need Half life 2 all you need is sdk base 2007 or something, but it free and will automatically install while you install the game in steam :)

i really like No more room in hell because its more realistic compared to Left 4 Dead, for example: when you find a gun you wont get more bullets than whats in it.
you die much easier aswel, usually 1 bite and you are infected and the only way to slow the process down is by eating some pills you can find around the maps :)

banksy

Post by banksy »

^ very similar to zombie panic

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Hey Del, if you think you can do something, give it a shot. I just watched one of their videos again and that engine is just so fucking sweet.

Swiiitan

Post by Swiiitan »

If i could make a game and it turned out exactly as i wanted it would look a lot like other games because i'm all in for reusing the stuffs that is good, taking all the good stuffs from every game and it fits together and becomes amazing, isn't it worth it then? i believe so.

Anyway here we go:
I would like to have the fast paced with wall jumping enabled. (like urt)[Though i don't know if i really want that in the whole game, maybe a server option or a game mode]
I would like the general style to be from the future (maybe like Unreal Tournament just more slim)
I would like Gametypes such as: Bomb, Ctf, King of the hill, Domination(like bases you hack, flags, control points) TDM, Kill confirmed(collect tags of the one you killed, or deny the tags from fallen teammates)
I would like the team size to be 5 vs 5 (6 vs 6) Competitively. But for public games 10 vs 10 or 8 vs 8 should work.
I want to have at least 15+ official maps from start(+ updating with a new map every 2nd month or something(for a while atleast)
I want to have an map editor that is free to use and simple(like an updated cube-engine style editor(amazing engine, i love the idea)
I want private servers to be free as well for custom public servers(for the custom maps)
I want an awesome spectator mode with simple yet great tools for streaming (like Firefall's that is looking really promising)
I want good weapon customization options that can fit a wide audience and feel personal, yet very balanced.
I want good character customization.
I want the game to include leveling up and unlocking new stuffs(sutch as camos, weapon parts, new weapons, titles, taunts) i still want the beginners weapons to be simple yet powerful, you can still take out lvl 30 weapons
I want to charge for the game but i don't want it to be 2 expensive(maybe like 15 - 20 euros?)

Ye i don't know what you guys think of this and for you guys who have played Blacklight Retribution might see that most of the stuffs iwe wrote is in that game.
Blacklight just have the potential to become the best F***ing game in the world and it hurts me so bad to see that they can't realize that themselves...
the flow, the customization, the gametypes, i mean.. ah i seriously feel like crying atm :/
though they are still working on the game so lets not say bye bye yet :)

Anyway i hope this was interesting for some of you :)

//Swiiitan