My heart just skipped a beat

A place to chat about anything you like, within reason
Delirium

My heart just skipped a beat

Post by Delirium »

v3nd3tta

Re: My heart just skipped a beat

Post by v3nd3tta »

NO FUCKING WAY. You did that map, not that m**********r... !
I just wanted to start on mapping again, did setup a new linux distro to start for 4.2 - and hey, how many d****s must he have s'ck'd?

I'm not getting fucked with FS, NO. GODS SAKE!
1 FUCKING MAP? Explain me, i don't know either.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

Here is where the rant kicks in... and I hope that one day you read this Mr Majkifajkisajkihajkigjakjidjikwiejdk

I'll first start off with my own personal views, I'm man enough to admit that it burns, I'm jealous and TBH wish it was me.
Tohunga and orbital are the most popular 3rd party maps, and I have rights to edit them both. My mapping isn't shitty and my attitude seems to reflect a LOT more mature one than Mike's(Majki)
I have an extensive history with helping out every soulless mapper on the forums, making a wiki(which no longer exists) started up a competition which FS took over then ruined (lol) then started another to spark up the community...
I have respect for mappers of ALL skill levels as apposed to ones that are above my skill level(in his case, me and NulL)

It hurts to see Mike get so much credit for Poland. I'm not a bad sport, and I have others who can vouch in my favour. But I redesigned the poland layout, almost 80% of the layout is mine... I did the hinting, skybox lighting even told him where to put spawns, bombsites, flags and shit. I spent hours... HOURS on servers with him, upload screenshots, fixing clipping bugs, texture problems and a whole bunch of shit just to make sure he would finish the map HE NEVER WOULD HAVE STARTED UNLESS I RAGED AT HIM ON THIS FUCKING FORUM TO BEGIN WITH -_-
And here is my credit in the readme.txt

Code: Select all

Contributors            : [b]Delirium[/b], Bladekiller, Null, Pickles,Valkover, Rejke, Bludshot, Pater

Not to be a jackass(I kinda am cause I'm raging atm) but he gave me as much credit as everyone else, no special mentions or anything. I can live with that though.

It's not only this which gets me... The bit which gets me, is the fact that there were several maps which were rejected from the new update because of the lack of visual style they were after yet helloo??? WTF is poland?

I'm going to stop myself, cause I know I'm making a fool of myself infront of everyone who has ever looked up to me. But this is coming from deep down, it hurts...

tl;dr.. I'm raging cause Majki is in FS for 1 map when 1/2 my maps are(as said by others) some of the best 3rd party maps UrT has. I'm gutted that I'm not part of FS..

Rylius
King wiki

Post by Rylius »

This is a massive slap in the face for every serious mapper out there.

I'm sincerely disappointed and for the first time angry at Frozen Sand. I've always been very tolerant about their decisions, as a game dev I know what drives the team to them.
It is extremely hard to offend me, but you have managed. Good job.

I'm not even jealous. If FS offered me a place in their team, I'd decline it. I don't have the time on one hand, on the other one there are MUCH more talented people out there and I am convinced they should be working on this game, not me. Frozen Sand always had a great team of very talented people that made the game what it is today.

I've invested massive amounts of time, not just on my maps but working on a Wiki to help the community. Frozen Sand never cared about CMM, and hey, I don't give a shit about that. CMM is an amazing community of extremely talented and helpful people, that's what counts.
Still, I won't accept a big "FUCK YOU" at the whole mapping community. It's a shame to see all my work go to waste, but as Urban Terror apparently has no need for quality maps anymore, hey, who needs these countless articles and tutorials anyway.

Delirium, I get you, bro.
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

Repost from xandaxs in the official urt.info Thread.

HERE IS MY LIKE BUTTON?

Okay, now back on topic.
The only reason I ain't raging atm is because I respect Majki enough not to.
I don't have any reason to complaint as he always respected me as much as I respect him and, because I wasn't present in any of the discussions and fights that happened. I only heard 'bout them, but I was never there, so I can't know exactly what happened.

I am congratulating him because joining the FS team is still a great achievement (although right now it looks like something that might just happen to anyone, no?), whether he is worthy of it or not.

I still can't help to laugh at this hilarious and ridiculous situation. How can you judge someone's skill by only 1 map? And I'm not even mentioning that the most was mostly community improved and of course with a , hmm, let's say BIG retouch from Delirium and Null.
If you think about it, every single mapper listen to the community and takes the feedback in account, even if they don't agree and decide not to implement such changes, they always show some sort of interest for the feedback and sadly it even reaches the point where mappers have to beg for it.

Most of the fantastic mappers I know feel outrageous about this because they feel like their work ain't recognized by you folks, no matter how good it is. I wasn't going to say names, but damn this, I am going to. Delirium, fantastic mapper. Manages to create fantastic levels, with a great atmosphere and gameplay, some of them are even the top 3rd party maps played. JohnnyEnglish, lacks a bit on gameplay but also lacks on feedback, how 'bout a little attention and make him FS too? I mean, you'll hardly find a map that looks half as good as his maps do. And he has tons of them; (good choice huhm?). Rylius, made an extremely beautiful map, that combines both horizontal and vertical gameplay in a map that embraces a good gaming experience for everyone involved; not to mention it is fantastic for a couple jumps here and then.

I can't help to talk about the fantastic Jump Mappers who could also be in the FS team improving its quality and help preparing a better jump mode for the future versions of Urban Terror. Moonie, great mapper when it comes to jump maps, they look good, they're probably the most played jump maps in the whole URT Jumping Community. They're fun and amusing for all jumpers, good or bad. Postit, made 2 beautifully amazing jump maps that provide nothing but the best jumping experience you might find. HappyDay, an extremely talented mapper, released 2 of the msot amazing jump maps ever, being one of them specially directed to the begginers, "happyjumpstutorial".

I'll hold myself now and not make an extensive list, I don't actually think anyone will ever read this far.

Atm, I only feel like you think you need something "new" each day or you'll just lose everything you worked for. Therefore you find even the most idiotic things to add.

Now I leave you with this:
- You've a loyal community, you've players who care about the game and about FS, enough to spend their time trying to improve the game they all so love, either by making feedback reports or by designing levels themselves. Then you've the "Jumpers" (not to be confused with actual jumpers in Urban Terror), they are the ones who download the game, play it once or twice and leave. It appear that you're mostly trying to please these, in order to expand the boundaries of Urt. Would you rather maintain your loyal community, the one who cares about the FS team aswell as the game, the ones who play it for years; or would you rather have an attempt in keeping these "newcomers" that only came to try the game?

You don't need to have a new "News Entry" every day, we're pleased to know that you're working on making a better game, and that you don't resort to drastic measures to keep everyone tuned.

Sorry for taking your time with this post, I hope it didn't consume some of your "Who will we recruit next?" lucky wheel game.

Cheers.

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

There's only one thing wrong on that comment, I should have added a "WHERE IS MY LIKE BUTTON?" at the end of it too..
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

I can name 5 mappers that should have been invited to the FS team of the top of my head.
Del, Ottone, JohnnyEnglish, Kitty, Valkover.

I no longer support the FS team, i support the mapping community as a completely independent entity.
Now i see that i attacked all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.
All the suggestions i made that would improve the game engine, were rejected cause it's too much work, plain and simple.
If Odium with a handful of people can take idtech2 engine to a whole new level, and demonstrate it's true power and FS team is unable to provide us with so much as decent lighting in the game then there's not much left to discuss.
BludshoT was taken off the QA team cause he tried to make a difference and expected results, Del was kicked for fuck knows what reasons.
Smart people with great ideas are being ignored under lame excuses.

I wish Majki good luck, i hope he learns to map and model soon, and hopefully we'll see UrT HD.

Rylius
King wiki

Post by Rylius »

Lolol, all my posts have been deleted from the thread.

Aye, as FS obviously doesn't want a mapping community I'm out of here - don't see any point in providing help for something that isn't wanted anyway.
I won't go around deleting shit, way too lazy for that.

Italy is cancelled, might reappear in some other games.

I'll probably stick around on IRC, just don't expect mapping help from me.
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi ... -delirium/

I made a thread to clarify things, hoping to get some kind of response from FS.
topic was locked after 20 mins.

I don't think I'll be getting any kind of response from them.

Here is what I posted Rayne, cause I know you're banned.
Spoiler: show
Well... Because I respect Majkifajki enough to not post in his 'Welcome to FS' thread. I've decided to make my own.

I know this thread will probably open a lot of peoples eyes but everyone needs to know both sides of the story before taking sides right?

I have a pretty high reputation amongst the community as being a respected mapper, I thank you all for looking up to me. I respect mappers of all levels, which is why I offer so much assistance with mappers of all levels. I've made a wiki(which no longer exists), I've spent hours and days helping out mappers and their maps, I've started and stopped 2 different competitions to try help out the community. I've got one of the highest post counts for a reason, I've been so engaged in the community I've enjoyed.

FS are right, they do cop a LOT of shit they don't deserve. Like bouncers at a nightclub or a policeman just doing his job, people still find it appropriate to give them slack.

I was heavily engaged with everyone until about 3 years ago when you all would have noticed I disappeared for a while... I started this thread to get the truth out, I was in QA and me being 17 (wanting to be cool) leaked the QA info to a few friends, now this isn't where all the ut42_ maps came from, that was a HUGE public leak done by some dude from the UAA who was upset at Raider.
Anyway, the person who I leaked to was banned on the forum. To get unbanned he dobbed me in... (GG Del) so I then got removed from QA, which is fair enough.

At the same time as this though I was getting involved with OpenTerror, which some dude had the idea to remake UrT in a different engine. He asked if I wanted to make my maps in a better engine and get more respect for them (which sounded like a better than what I was doing). Remember I was 17 (pretty immature and oblivious to how the world is working) no worries, I just wanted to map.
FS didn't take this too lightly, I understand that NOW... They were pretty much stealing UrT and porting it to a new engine. So THAT is why everyone thought I got kicked out, for a conflict of interest.

So I disappeared out of shame, I apologized to a lot of my friends for what I had done, but I moved on. Released some newer versions and moved to other games to make maps. I come back every now and again when I get the motivation to finish what I've started in mapping, but for the majority of the time I've gotten involved in multiple community project which ALL end up getting hated by FS (like 'the Daily Nade' and 'Custom Map Makers') which I'm just involved in.

I have nothing against FS at all which is why I was shocked when I read this post by Bladey.
BladeKiller, on 22 August 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:
One requirement to joining FS is that you are trustworthy and haven't been in QA and leaked files in the past. The person needs to have the kind of talent we need and the potential to keep developing that talent. One thing that mappers need is 3ds max experience and potential to be able to make a whole map only in 3ds max. The most important thing is to be friends with us and not to have written nasty things about us on our forum or other forums. We are friends after all and we don't want to work with people who have stated how much they dislike us.

I know this post is about me, because everyone in Majki's topic is talking about me(which isn't fair on Mike)
I want to clarify a few things;
The first part is true, as said above.
I can model, I make models and if required, I would make my maps in 3ds. I'm just comfortable with GTK that's all...
AFAIK, I am friends with you guys. NulL was my best mate until I leaked. Me 27, h0i and shminky all talked about personal stuff and got along heaps. I talk to you guys on a regular basis on IRC whenever I get a chance, and as I recall I've never been in an argument with you guys.
I don't think I've ever bagged you out on ANY forum EVER, I've never said I've disliked FS. Sure there are things I would have done differently, but I sure as hell have never stated how much I dislike FS(because I don't...)

See, a lot of the mappers already know the situation and what I've been through with FS. Some others might too. I truly appreciate that you all think my maps are worth enough to be a part of the new release.

I would be honoured to be a part of FS, I would still be as engaged with the community as I am now heck, I would probably be as engaged as I was before QA making competitions and stuff.
I have the rights to the 3 most competitively played 3rd party maps (Tohunga, Orbital and Cambridge) which would honestly bring back a LOT of older players if there were newer versions released amongst the update.

There is a lot I want to say which will go unsaid, but I know a LOT of you will look at me differently. TBH I'm still the same Delirium as I ever was;

Hopefully you can all look past the foolish decisions I made when I was 17 (3 years ago) and I hope FS can too.
Like I said, I would be happy to help out with UrT HD, FS could possibly have some sort of restrictions on the files I have access to if they wanted (so the possibility of me leaking again is 0%)

Either all I look forward to releasing my maps for you all to play, weather it be part of the new release or not.

Much love <3

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

That BK's post she made i believe covers both of us Del. Since i don't support the FS team anymore and have said some "vial" things about them.
I simply can not support a team lead by someone who has never in her life played any other game (her own words BTW, just to make it clear) except for UrT.
And when she finally has someone in the community who has seen numerous engines, played hundreds of different games, has been playing UrT on and off for 8 years, someone who's been pushing UrT HD and 3dsmax mapping and normal mapping down mappers throat literally by force, someone who's not welcome in certain circles cause he defended the FS team, then she decides to ignore that person's one simple request.

Change the lighting in the game cause it just doesn't works well with 3d models.

Then i decided it's time to abandon mapping for UrT and stop supporting them.
I still consider some members of that team to be my friends. I love and respect them, but so much bullshit drama has happened i just can't be arsed anymore.

I deleted every single .map and max file related to UrT maps. I said it before and I'll say it again, unless some changes are made to that engine, I'm wasting my time.

I have invested thousands and thousands of hours trying to show people that fstech1 is worth their time.
I made tests to show them that the new engine is something they can't possibly push to it's maximum.
I made Mickey Mouse concept maps i never planned on finishing just to show people a new way of building them.
I answered tons of questions. Banksy drove me nuts when he started mapping (love ya dude <3). But now he's doing great.

When max mapping was introduced i jumped at it and was one of first 3'rd party mappers to use 3dsmax as main building tool, to lead by example as a (former) leader of a mapping group.
And from what i see, it payed off. Mappers are accepting the new workflow and new tools, they're liking how my normal maps look like and try to make theirs look like that.
So i guess i didn't waste my time, mappers that I'll leave behind might have just learned something from me, i hope they did.

But i just don't have the strength or the will to fight for an obviously lost cause.
I'm tired of talking to a concrete wall, waiting for some sort of a positive reply left me waiting, and waiting and waiting.
And I'm done waiting, and mapping for UrT.