[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My heart just skipped a beat - Page 2 - Custom Map Makers
Welcome to CMM

We've created a Custom Map Makers Discord channel, if you'd like to join us on the CMM Discord Channel, click here

My heart just skipped a beat

A place to chat about anything you like, within reason
Rayne
Site Admin

Re: My heart just skipped a beat

Postby Rayne » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 am

BTW I'm not banned there, i just deleted my content and stopped going to that forum.

EDIT* Looks like i am muted after all. Seems that FS team is so afraid i might start something on their forum they decided to leave me muted.
Nice job FS team, and then you'll come here and act all insulted, "who you not support us". This is why i don't support you anymore.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Postby johnnyenglish » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:47 am

lol, you lot crack me up.

Who would have thought that creating an independant map making community would have been this dramatic and interesting? It's been a wild ride since Rayney had this crazy idea, lots of weird stuff and funny dramas.

Anyway, CMM is still here, it's not going anywhere, it's still dedicated to making, developing and promoting mapping for urt and other games.. and having fun.

My advice to everyone is to be happy for Mike - he totally deserves his new position, be supportive of FS if possible (they make our fave game) and go make some decent maps!!!!

If you need anything, PM me.

banksy

Postby banksy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 am

<3 you rayne. I appreciate the help (once my map is finished, look for easter eggs. You will be pleasantly surprised :P as will the rest of CMM)

Rayne
Site Admin

Postby Rayne » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 pm

LOL Banksy will do.

RaideR

Postby RaideR » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Dear CMM,

Since our last news post, I have been reading what people have been saying and keeping a back seat. I came across this thread now and since I am a guest here i would just like to say a few words on your turf about "My Position" on this thread.

First of all, I would like to state for the record that our "Policy of Recruitment" is none of anyone's business but our own. So discussion of "who we should look to recruit" is a mute point. We take on people we believe are right for the job and compatible with the team as a whole. We make Urban Terror as a hobby not a job and we treat the FS Team as a group of friends NOT as a business to make a game. I find this really quite appalling in the manor of which people are going about raising their personal objections regarding this matter. Some of the stuff in this thread is simply offensive / rude and out of order. I'm not asking for it's removal, it's none of my business what so ever how you run your site/organisation. That being said, it is really bad form to speak of a "For Free Team of Hobbiest Game Developers" in such a tasteless and rude way.

It's clear that CMM does not support our direction, and we respect your choice in this regard, it's your choice. We at FS have very little to no confidence that CMM is friendly to our team and as such I am faced with a "dilemma".

If your community does not have a "common mutual respect", which, in this context, seems to not be returned in kind any longer, I can't support the idea of linking to your site or resources. This is a same as they are GOOD resources and for the most part, a great place for mappers to make their own friends and make maps, which is why your all here, at least that's what i assume. In any professional / group social environment, where people are working together, speaking about people who have MADE the game you did some maps for shows a TOTAL disregard for any and all respect for "the part we played" which allows you to do your hobby.

If you decide that Urban Terror is not for you, i respect your choice, it's your choice and I would never presume to have any say in your own personal choices made. However! I can't grant CMM higher level group, tagging, linking and otherwise support your site, knowing and seeing the kind of content i saw today. Why should we support something or someone who can't "control" there frustration and post very mean / unfair comments.

I will review what im going to do over the next 12 hours or so, check my thoughts on this whole thing. But more than likely, we at the moment are being forced to go our "separate ways" so to speak.

I wish you good luck, please contact me on IRC / Email or by PM on our website and I will be happy to discuss the situation as long as it is done in a polite and cival manor.

Thanks for your time,

Good Luck to the future,

Best Wishes,

RaideR
FrozenSand

raider [at] urbanterror [dot] info

Rylius
King wiki

Postby Rylius » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Sorry RaideR, you blew that one yourself.
CMM has contacted FS a long time ago and strictly enforced the same rules regarding modding UrT/talking about Frozen Sand as in your very own forums.
Except for the UJ/CMM jump mapping competition CMM never got any exposure or replies from you guys. All we received was silence.

If you had started building an actual relationship with this community things would look very differently now. While many members of this community still wouldn't agree with this decision (myself included), all moderators and admins (again, myself included) would enforce a civil and respectful talk.
As we never got the impression FS cared anyway, well, here's the result.

Don't blame CMM for destroying this "relationship".

ValkoVer

Postby ValkoVer » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Delirium

Postby Delirium » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 pm

thelionroars

Postby thelionroars » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 pm

I have had nothing to say so far on this, as I have no knowledge of the history that has gone on with various people. And I have only dabbled a little in mapping to see the process and how it all works (I think my last artistic work was a fingerpainting ;) ). But I want to say that in my opinion it would be a real shame to erase CMM from the Urban Terror site. Third party maps are an important part of the community, and without a community there is no point in having a game. All of the resources for mapping and mapping well in this game come from these people. I hope you will reconsider your decision to blacklist the site and any grievances are resolved with some constructive discussion.
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> also painted my toe nails pink to match this new bag I found
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

Delirium

Postby Delirium » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 am

Return to “General chit chat”