Saying hello

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
Lunaxe

Re: Saying hello

Post by Lunaxe »

Haha hey B3e
Care to see some of my work? http://www.youtube.com/user/xxlunaxexx

DagF

Post by DagF »

Hello and welcome :D
Nice to see new old mappers joining :)

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

welcome b3e :)
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

b3e

Post by b3e »

Thx you all for the welcome :)

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

ohai the bee is heereee! :D
great fan of you and orion // never bet it tho, too hard
love your speed comparision between urt and q3defrag on tr1ckhouse, it's really "awesome" :D

Douze

Post by Douze »

Welcome b3e !
I didn't see you in ages so, I'm glad to see you here.
BTW I discovered defrag a few months ago (I wasn't a q3 player) and I was like, "ow, we are (urt jumpers) so (s)low !".

b3e

Post by b3e »

Douze :)

Nice to see you here too.
I won't start a defrag thread here, but yes thats basically the point once you've tried it : UrT is damn slow.

To be honest and to get back to mapping discussion, after Orion i started another jump map project, was trying to be creative using new mapping point of view. Thanks to some contacts among coder friends, i got a modified version of the iourt binaries, which allowed me to play with unlimited stam.
I was like, man this is it. We (jumpers and mappers) need this for further game evolution. So I basically made a quick map to test this : I was able to get like 3000/4000 max speed, game became ultra fast and damn fun, introducing the concept of "runs" in UrT.
Just imagine a 3 mins long jump, made of walljumps, icy, huge circle jumps and strafing...kinda like the magic combo.
I remember I also played sliceyjumps with these binaries, was able to finish the map all in a row. Just awesome.

I know those modified version are prohibited by Frozen sands, but I just hope they will do somethin for us in UrTHD, cause honestly nowadays i do think all have been made in terms of jump mapping ; even though I'm sure some people can still make the surprise, imagination has no limits after all.

I dunno what are the dev plans for this game, especially about jumping. Its been years now since i get the same rumors here and there, talking about a dedicated jump mode.
But just as defrag is an awesome mod, i do believe UrT deserves a proper dedicated jump mode.

Anyway, its just about patience, as always...

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

hey Beeyboy, could you whack those modified bins over to me (per PM)?

or is it the server mod, already got that one but I can't run a server and a client at the same time w/o drops...
would be cool if it'd be a client "mod" also ;)