Hi, Guess Who

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
Moonie

Hi, Guess Who

Post by Moonie »

But seriously, i think everyone knows me under this or my other name.

Thought id come here so i can annoy xandaxs.

Also maybe it will spark something and get me back into mapping, as i no longer have much interest in firing up radiant. I have many projects id like to undertake, but no real enthusiasm to do them.

I will idle and lurk mostly.

Have a good day.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: Hi, Guess Who

Post by johnnyenglish »

erm.... is it moonie?

If you need firing up to get radiant going -- slide onto our irc channel for half an hour -- we'll inspire you.

pickles
Site Admin

Post by pickles »

Are you Herman?
herman.png
herman.png (62.43 KiB) Viewed 12590 times

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

You can't annoy me :)
It's nice to have you here! Perhaps you could help a lot of us being better jump mappers :)
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

Hi Moonie, welcome here.

xandaxs wrote:Perhaps you could help a lot of us being better jump mappers :)

start giving away your secrets :twisted:
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

SettinG

Post by SettinG »

Plop Moonie ;)

Moonie

Post by Moonie »

johnnyenglish wrote:erm.... is it moonie?

If you need firing up to get radiant going -- slide onto our irc channel for half an hour -- we'll inspire you.

I just have mappers block. It kind of attacks you after you make 14 or so maps.

I just feel i have reached the end of my goal, which was to make load of jump maps that people would like to play on.

Mapping has become different nowadays, normal maps, bump maps, fancy water, aka annoying features that consume time, and dont work on Linux regardless. Likelihood of a new Linux HD client, unlikely. Besides with HD going closed source i wont migrate when it happens, i'll take my talents to another game, maybe CS:S. Thats my first love, the one i go back to when all else fails. Awp'ing noobs, headshots, but no longer bunnyhopping. But a good game of piranesi to refresh the soul, once in a while keeps me sane.

It wont be mentioned how i once decided to try and make de_piranesi for UrT. Even came up with a workable solution to the problem of shooting through doors. But to do it properly would need an engine change. That wont happen, as FS is trying to create a game that they say is as far away from Counterstrike as possible, but isnt. Its Counterstrike with walljumps. They wanted a game where people ran around and didnt camp, didnt happen. I'd love to remake piranesi for UrT, as it is a classic map, that is perfect for bomb, but my mapping skills arent anywhere near that level.

Ok enough rant.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

I'd love to remake piranesi for UrT, as it is a classic map, that is perfect for bomb

Do it.. I'll give you £17 and a hamper from Marks and Spencer if you do. If you need any help there's enough grunt around here.

Moonie

Post by Moonie »

Did the missus give you the hamper for christmas?

Also lol @ the bribery factor, this place is definitely deviant enough for me to hang out at.

I'll think about the piranesi thing. But for now i need to commit repairs to my bike, transmission is a little broken.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

No, the hamper was delivered by mistake a couple of years ago, never opened it. I got a graphics tablet and some socks from the missus.

Seriously, if you need some encouragement to get started on your remake - we're on irc, we chat, you're welcome.