Aloha

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
ailmanki

Aloha

Post by ailmanki »

I thought I introduce myself, seems to be good idea to tell what I am doing here :)

About 10 years ago I helped somebody learning how to map, I myself had no idea about mapping - but he had not even a clue about PC's .. so I did learn a lot about mapping while teaching him everything.
I have not yet created a public map, I hope todo so soon - but its going to be for Enemy-Territory. I mainly play that game, I know Urban Terror since a while - and I check it out from time to time, it has in my opinion excellent improvements regarding the graphics. Also good insights and interesting articles, which apply more or less also to the Q3 engine.

Over the years of playing Enemy-Territory I became an Administrator, as such I started to fix error in maps, later I started to modify/improve them. Enemy-Territory has some mods, which allow to modify maps by some mapscript; so there is no recompile going on. Though one map a friend and I fixed by modifying the bsp in a hexeditor... All of these things I put on http://wet.peyote.ch (wolfenstein:ET)

4 years ago, I started to map, but I never did publish something; back then I discovered that NetRadiant runs fine on my Hackintosh, but it misses things from BobToolz plugin - or when not missing it - some did not work correctly. So I wanted to fix that, but I could not yet write C code - so now about 3 years later, I finally fixed some bugs in NetRadiant. And now I am eager to start mapping again.

This forum looked like an interesting place to discuss mapping technique, to ask what could be improved or modified in NetRadiant and so on...

pickles
Site Admin

Re: Aloha

Post by pickles »

Welcome, enjoy your stay :D

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Yup - welcome ailmanki. We've got a chatty irc channel, feel free to drop in if you want to...

Reading the channel log from last night I found out I'm English, I drink tea and have a saucy maid, I also wear a raffia hat and employ an Italian waiter - and because I'm getting elderly and live in England I go to bed early....

Apparently...

Markinho

Post by Markinho »

xandaxs started that :lol:
Welcome

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

I said you were an elder with a pimp hat :D

Hello ailmanki (your name reminds me of Hail Monkey :D )
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Funny thing is.... it's all true - except the hat.