This is my story

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
llIIl

This is my story

Post by llIIl »

Hi all,
i am new to this Forum and i want to introduce myself by telling my Little Story....

So....i am from Frankfurt, Germany, 33 years old. I was a psx-kid in the 90s and i never have been a pc-fps-player except playing
good old return to castle wolfenstein and the grandious games ut99 and q3. :)

I lived several years in a student dorm in frankfurt, germany. we were 80 people there all together...living on 4 floors each with 20 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a big kitchen, we got a bar room, a garden...
It was a wonderful experience, maybe the best years of my life you could imagine.
A lot of ex-students and erasmus-people who lived there think like me and miss these times of autonomy, politics, self-administration, easy living, freedom, friendship, love... and obsessive party of course. :D

When i got to know a few month ago that the dorm is going to be broken down soon, I decided to create the dorm virtually as playable map to keep it alive. It shall be as realitic as possible, a memorial which is open for everyone who is interested, who wants to explore and remember. Therefore i will implement original Pictures and textes in two or three rooms, like in a Museum.
The architect of thedorm was Ferdinand kramer, a german architect of the 60's and 70's. (http://www.ferdinand-kramer.org/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Kramer)

The Dorm i am mapping:
https://www.google.de/search?q=studente ... 20&bih=985

The first 4 pics...

I thought about game engines, cross-platform compatibility and system requirements...anf the possibility to design on my imac from 2011.

Further i got design-related approaches:
- breakable windows/things
- different and realistic weapons
-no scifi-fps like quake3 was - the dorm should be as realistic as possible.
-But in case of the gameplay: Fun over realism ;)

I searched the www, started mapping with different editors, experimented for example with cube2:sauerbraten and doom (1,2) with modifications, headed over to the quake3-engine and macradiant...

In march 2018 i started to use Urban Terror, which seemed to have it all what i wanted....And now i am playing online everyday because it is really so much fun! There are a lot of sympathic and fair gamers, a lot of skilled gamers and really great maps! I am happy to know that there is an active mapping community and i will contribute my own map in a few weeks. :)

v3nd3tta

Re: This is my story

Post by v3nd3tta »

Heya from Frankfurt aswell !
nice, preserving stuff digitally always is great.

Snowball

Post by Snowball »

Welcome,

and good luck with your map!

Biddle

Post by Biddle »

Welcome buddy !

b0br

Post by b0br »

hello there :) this place popin (^_^)
Hey guys, i want to test out your maps msg me and /connect zb1.zombieferrets.com yay! :shock:

DavidCamero

Post by DavidCamero »

Welcome on board!
Check my website: eatrbox.com - toodrie.com - camengo.com