Created by Custom Map Makers for UrbanZone.
The map was built in just over a week in total secrecy. Only members of the MTC team and Custom Map Makers members were involved in the construction and testing.
It was a great pleasure to work with sevenofnine and the UrbanZone crew, the requirement to design and build such a "technically interesting" map in little over a week was rather daunting at first but we believe that we've created a very challenging tournament map with a touch of class.
We'd like to thank everyone who helped make this map happen, it was a lot of work but great fun - lets do it again.
Urban Terror Topic
Running the skeet shoot 2011 map
The skeet shoot map uses bots as skeet, if you wish to run a server using bots you should follow the steps below
- Back up your current server.cfg - this is very important as the skeet map comes with a pre-configured server.cfg
- Stop your server, you'll need access to the q3ut4 folder (where your maps are stored)
- Open the ut4_skeetshoot_2011.pk3 file - inside you'll find a file called serverconfig.zip
- Extract the contents of serverconfig.zip to your server q3ut4 folder - you backed up your server.cfg right?
- Edit the new server.cfg. You should change the following before starting the server.
- sv_dlURL - Change this to your usual map download url
- sv_maxclients - Change to suit your server, 20 is plenty
- rconpassword Change this to your own rcon password
- sv_privatePassword - You can set this blank or reserve 2 private slots
- g_password - Leave this blank to allow anyone to connect and play
- Check that all other settings suit your needs and save these edits
- Start your server - confirm that bots are playing on the red team and you can join
If you wish to add more bots you can either edit the skeetbots.txt script or add them manually.
Occasionally the server may crash, if this happens frequently see the Custom Map Makers wiki for possible solutions.
If you're interested in this map and it's construction we've created a wiki article "making a skeet shoot map" in the Custom Map Makers Wiki.