Java Programming Request

Ask for custom models, textures and shaders here!
KroniK

Java Programming Request

Post by KroniK »

Hello Guys, Its been a while, but I have been so darn busy with life and school that I haven't had any time for mapping. Just recently, Rambetter has dropped off the face of the earth and has shut down all of his servers etc related to icy and UrT in general. One of the main things on his website was the surface generator page which took some java code he wrote, and created a way to make different shapes with given parameters.

I have emailed him asking for the html & JS for the website pages but the likely hood of him giving it to me is pretty slim as he seems to have no motivation to help at all. So I was hoping that someone might be able to take his code and create a java applet which would do what his website did. (and plus having a downloadable program is much more stable and long lasting than a web based applet).

The java code is in the pk3 for every map that Rambetter made, so you can get it in IcyJumps5, IcyWorld, IcyFantasy, and IcySequel.

I hope someone is up to the challenge because this was very useful in making anything in a jump map and comes in handy when making frag maps too.

Thanks!!

KroniK

PS I will also be posting this in the Jump Forums.
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: Java Programming Request

Post by johnnyenglish »

If you can get Rambetters permission (and instructions) I'll happily host the generators here, I've used them myself and know how good they are.

Hi btw - Kronik

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

He has given the code away freely so there isnt much of a permissions issue, but I will definitely need instructions on how to set it up. He said it was pretty complex and I dont doubt that.

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

The topic on urtJumpers is where the action has been happening on this project. Please direct your browser to http://www.urtjumpers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1651 To see the progress on this project.