skybox shader

For all your great and interesting ideas
GanjaGuy

Re: skybox shader

Post by GanjaGuy »

banksy wrote:thanks, but i dont really understand that _skybox tutorial...
say if i put my map inside a box, and then textured the inside of that box with the sky texture, what do I do from there? because I find that way causes shadows against each side of the box, as well as there being the cracks between each brush of the box

first id say, start your own thread about this.
second, no offense but did you even read the tut :P
"A lot of mappers when starting out build their map inside a large box, this large box will have been made from structural brushes and perhaps hollowed out using the hollow tool. I made my first few maps this way - I didn't actually know any better, it's only when you see your beloved map running at 20-40fps with 20 players that you realise the error of your ways and search for a better way."

maybe that tutorial was too confusing for you? try reading through this http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topi ... ky-skybox/
while trying for yourself to see how things work out. then Id say post the questions and problems you are having from there.

sorry bestia455 for thread highjacking :-P

banksy

Post by banksy »

might just get someones else to add the sky once i have finished the map

GanjaGuy

Post by GanjaGuy »

but then you'll never actually learn how to.. learning how to do things > having others do it for you

banksy

Post by banksy »

true.