Custom Map Makers Wiki

All the latest news and information will be announced here
johnnyenglish
Space cake

Custom Map Makers Wiki

Post by johnnyenglish »

After a lot of discussion about the possibility of having a wiki for the custom map makers site it's finally happened.

The CMM Wiki

I've laid out a simple layout, it doesn't need to be organised in this way, mediawiki is very flexible in that way.

Obviously the wiki will require editors and maintainers, anyone wishing to contribute to the wiki should contact me and I'll create you an account.

Once the base wiki has been established I think the forum would be a great place to refine ideas, once they are as developed as they can be they should be added to the wiki and links created to relevant information.

In this way we'll have the best of both world, a forum for discussion and a wiki as a repository for that information.

Have fun

John
Last edited by johnnyenglish on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rylius
King wiki

Re: Custom Map Makers Wiki

Post by Rylius »

Very nice, I'll try to fill in some information on the weekend.

Could we link phpBB to MediaWiki in some way? Would be pretty neat instead of having two separate accounts.
Anyway, I'd like to have one. :)
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: Custom Map Makers Wiki

Post by johnnyenglish »

I'll have a look at the database layout for mediawiki and phpbb, it might really easy to do this. I'm currently working on a front page for the forum which will have a little introduction area, a pretty graphic and links to the forum/wiki and perhaps a wiki search box.

I'll PM you about mediawiki