ut4_nuketown (forever project)

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
Rappio

ut4_nuketown (forever project)

Post by Rappio »

I have been slowly working on some sort version of COD-BO Nuketown (dont hate me, buts its just my way to learn). My goal isnt make exact copy but "urt featured" fun map for 5vs5 :)
As some of you know, i had issues with scaling, shaders, textures and gameplay (cause im newbie mapper) with my "osama map" that i abandoned due hd failure :(( That lead to situation
that i started to work with this. Reason that im so sucky mapper is that im afraid to ask questions cause i have been raised to do and handle thing on my own. I also know that there are
lots of hate when you are one to make some sort map that is based on other games original map.

So here is just teaser (textures are just placeholders) what i have been worked on.. not mutch but still something.. i hate that my RADIANT keeps crashing once in while... :(

Legions of Perkele Clan leader | Owner of Finlands oldest Urban Terror server. | I'm also big fan of Delirium and JohnnyEnglish..

HappyDay

Re: ut4_nuketown (forever project)

Post by HappyDay »

Looks ok :)
I like the staircase/patio (whatever you want to call it) of the lower building. That's stylish.
Have a happy day! :)

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

idk the map.
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

lol your representation is close! I like what you have done! My only comment is that the moving van looks different than in the Black Ops Map. The one in black ops is long enough that the nose of the vehicle makes it almost to the middle of the bus. Also, you have swapped the placement of the van and the bus. The bus should be nearer to the house with the car in the driveway (north house) and it should be facing the other direction (nose to the east). The moving van in the black ops version is then parked with the nose basically in line with the West face of the Southern most house and the van is almost as long as the house is wide. The van has a hole in both sides of container, this allows for a shooting line from the southern side of the moving van all the way to the southwest corner of the North house. That shooting line is very important for gameplay because it allows people to shoot across the map and not have the big vehicles always in the way. if you remove the hole through the moving van, then the space between the van and the bus becomes a HUGE bottleneck. Those are my thoughts on the layout of the map. However as far as modeling and making the elements, I think you have done an AWESOME job!! Cant wait to see what you do with this map!
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

KroniK wrote: Cant wait to see what you do with this map!

I totally agree, can't wait to see an alpha/beta/whatever, nice work so far.

Keep going, don't bottle out, if you need any help with textures/models/anything - just ask... we're on irc most of the time if you need something quickly.

Dr_T_Tart

Post by Dr_T_Tart »

What is the status on this map? It looks great!

nemNEMnem

Post by nemNEMnem »

which radiant are you using and what os do you have?

seems nice btw
for a big tree, you need a small axe.
--Bob Marley--

Rappio

Post by Rappio »

still in internal beta :) i have so little of free time these days that i barely have time to map :) i also have been working with other maps and as i stated before "forever project" .. i havent quit mapping but i have learned hard way that its better to map good and avoid mistakes than make map fast and fix hellish amount of mistakes...
Legions of Perkele Clan leader | Owner of Finlands oldest Urban Terror server. | I'm also big fan of Delirium and JohnnyEnglish..