Combat Jumps

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
KroniK

Combat Jumps

Post by KroniK »

Hello Guys!

I Have had the idea of creating a new gametype for Urban Terror. Its basically a meshing of jumping and team deathmatch. If any of you have played surf deathmatch on counterstrike, then this would be a similar concept.

Basically the gameplay would go as follows:

1) You start out with no weapons
2) teams start out separated
3) there are several different routes from the start room
4) the player completes different jumps to get to different weapons
4a) easy jumps gives you little choices of weapons (pistols or autos with very little ammo)
4b) harder jumps give you more ammo and better weapon choice
4c) harder jumps will give you access to hard to reach places like sniper posts etc.
5) at the end of each jump you can either go back to start to try for a harder jump, or get teleported to a small arena style deathmatch map where players try to kill eachother
6) there can be secrets and stuff to allow players to get weapons and go to the opposing teams jump area
7) Floor of the arena will be nodrop so that you cant pick up dropped weapons

So this all leads me to ask the question, Would someone like to help make a map like this?? I can handle all the jump related stuff. I can even handle all the really technical stuff regarding making weapons and buttons and doors and all the rest of that type of stuff, However when it comes to making an arena, I have no idea where to start.

Basically i would like to ask someone to take on the task of creating a small arena, or helping me create a small arena. When it comes to details, texturing stuff and all that, I have no idea where to start. Also making an arena which has a good flow without giving one team an advantage especially when including several different vertical levels.

For the first map of this type I would really like to make a really FUN to play and visually pleasing map which would set the standard high for later map makers.
Last edited by KroniK on Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

banksy

Re: Would someone like to help me?

Post by banksy »

wow i really like this idea haha. and i love cs:s so this goes hand in hand :)

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

no one want to make a little mini arena?? I can make one but its going to look awful... :P

DagF

Post by DagF »

How big?
For how many players?
What style are you thinking of?
Give me some info of what you are thinking of and ill make something tomorrow :)

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

Looking for something that is about 2048 square with multiple levels. I Would like a couple of good camper sniper spots that can only be gotten to via teleport. It will be for about 8v8 but like really bloody and quick to die, so small but with lots of stuff to hide behind. something comparable to the Arena maps by ShadowDragon but i'm looking for a bit more detail than just concrete blocks for obstacles.

DagF

Post by DagF »

see what you think about this: /connect dagfro.de

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

Dude that is almost perfect just the way it is!!

only 2 improvements i could see:

1) create some boxes on the walls up about the same size and placement as the orange colored squares high up on the wall (probably just two boxes. One on east and one on west wall or north/south) with a ladder to get up to them.

2) make 1 half have of the room have a red based color strip and the other half have a blue based color strip. (making the crows nest mentioned above on the back wall). Basically splitting the room into two halves by color, that way its a bit easier to tell where you are and where you should be shooting :D

Other than that, I am going to say that is perfect just the way is!!

Amazing job mate!! I love the textures and atmosphere!! Its more than what i had hoped for!!

Thanks so much for your help!!

DagF

Post by DagF »

Glad you liked it :)

Ill do the fixes tomorrow :)

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

WooHoo!! If you dont mind, I'll just import the .map (once you finished it up) into my existing .map and then tie everything together! I'll keep posting here with progress reports. oh and Dag, Your name will be on load screen of course xD Thanks for your great help!!

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

Does anyone know if the name "Combat Jumps" Has been taken?? I just want to check before i claim it as mine :D