Paintball themed map

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
Swiiitan

Paintball themed map

Post by Swiiitan »

Was thinking a map themed to be at a Paintball hall could be cool. the basic layout would probably gonna be like any arena typed map but it will be filled with lots of paintball bullet marks ^^

Then thinking more into it i got the idea that usually in a paintball hall there is more then one track, so the idea is that those different tracks can be specialized for a certain game mode ;)
That is being said that the only thing holding them back is fences and some shit :P
And maybe in FFA you will open all the areas up with some fence doors :)

What do you guys think of the idea?

Rayne
Site Admin

Re: Paintball themed map

Post by Rayne »

Some time ago i had an idea. It;s very difficult to make a map that suits all modes. A lot of modern games like bad company 2 take one map like Arica harbor and apply certain movement restrictions and layout changes in different game modes.
So i wanted to make a map that will be built out of 3 different sections, each for one game mode (CTF, TS, BOMB, from my experience any CTF oriented map works nice in TDM).
So when you change the game mode to CTF walls restrict movement to TS and BOMB areas, and new spawn points activate.
However this project would be so massive and the size of the pk3 along with the time needed to test this were high enough to put me off, so i can't really say if this is doable and if it will work that way.
However i would personally love to see a map like the one your described.