ut4_ruins

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
banksy

Re: ut4_ruins

Post by banksy »

If you need help with the layout please contact me :) in regards to textures as well as the skymap, I would light a bright sand look please :)

Also Rayne, I am an amateur at lighting, so right now what I've added is just temporary

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

banksy wrote:If you need help with the layout please contact me :) in regards to textures as well as the skymap, I would light a bright sand look please :)

Also Rayne, I am an amateur at lighting, so right now what I've added is just temporary

First i need to take a good look at what i have here and decide what should be converted to .ase models.

Then, i have to see what needs to be structural, though considering the layout and the size, vis blocking wont be of much help here.

After that I'll move on to terrain i deleted and create that.

Lighting will be a bit tricky, map is basically in a hole, surrounded by terrain and walls from all sides, so the light will have to top down, high noon type.
Don't worry about the lighting, this is right up my alley.

And then I'll start texturing this.

It's a lot of work, and my free time is scarce, but I'll do my best.

banksy

Post by banksy »

This map is just as much yours as it is mine now Rayne! I appreciate the help very much. Message me if you bVe any issues :)

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

hahaha oh I'll be having issues, quite a few of them, but nothing i can't handle.

banksy

Post by banksy »

Is there anything more I can do?

Bin

Post by Bin »

I am thinking something like this.
You will have to let me know what elevation you want the sun. It's best not to be directly overhead so that there are some shadows to show the terrain better. And you will have to let me know how far off the sand you want the camera, this is a meter or two above. I suspect you might want the camera higher.
Because of the volumetric clouds, these renders take over 8 hours each for me. Constructive feedback please!

banksy

Post by banksy »

Is it possibly to make the dunes a bit higher, as well as a clearer sky? :)

Bin

Post by Bin »

What do you think of this? (again the sun is low to show you the terrain better).

banksy

Post by banksy »

Yeah looks good :))

Bin

Post by Bin »

Thanks! :) Feel free to give me more specifics about positioning of the sun, for example. I see that it has been suggested to put the sun up high. I can do that of course if you like, but it will made the terrain less detailed.

Also, let me know when you would like delivery of a draft set of images to be assembled into the box so I can prioritize with other projects.