ut4_oilrig

Alpha versions of your map
LynXIII

ut4_oilrig

Post by LynXIII »

current version is ut4_oilrig_a2.

details can be found here: http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topic/25471-wip-ut4-oilrig/

noobdesign

Re: ut4_oilrig

Post by noobdesign »

hey, i liked the map, even if i had problems with layout at the first try, because there are so many passages and rooms that's easy to be lost (as in 90% of the map when u play 1st time): I think this map can contain easily 20 players!

i'l try this asap!

LynXIII

Post by LynXIII »

Thanks for trying it! I created the top part of the oilrig a littlebit to hasty and I'm not satisfied with the layout at all. Also most, if not all, all of the constantly played maps don't have a vertical layout in the sense of several levels/floors above each other. I will still try it though and hopefully achieve a fun to play map.

noobdesign

Post by noobdesign »

Yes, but i agree with you that a map with verticality is much more fun and offers more variations to the usual paths, to different gamestyles and gives more freedom to players... maybe you may try to make the different level accessible through more shortucuts (direct ladders) like you did with the big ladder outside (maybe that's a bit too big?)

NOTE about texturing: the texture that is now dotted with black spots (like the big ladder outside) you should add alpha channel to it, so that it appears with real holes.

You can post it here, and i can add alpha channel to it if you don't know how to do it!

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

I perfer "flat" maps to ones with vertical gameplay.

The 1st ones provides a better gameplay experience (in terms of league playing..)
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

LynXIII

Post by LynXIII »

yeah, I scratched the idea that oilrig might ever be played in any league or competition whatsoever. I still don't want to flatten it, because thats not how oilrigs work and it would just be another flat map with a different look. I will try to make it a fun to play vertical map, even if it might only be played in FFA or Team deathmatch on some fun servers.

Once I have all the textures, shaders, models done and the map is finished, I might think about building a flat oilrig for more competitive gameplay.

Sw!it

Post by Sw!it »

sounds great :)

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

Agree with the doube-poster!
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

Sw!it

Post by Sw!it »

lol i never double post -.- i only see 1 post

Stop clicking the damn button twice already...