Welcome to CMM

The CMM forum software was recently upgraded, some things may have changed and some things may be broken or not working. Please let me know by PM or on IRC if you have any problems using this forum.

Also, I've removed the skybox and shader links for now, the shader generator page was being abused and as we're moving towards a ue4 mapping base, they're redundant.

ut4_villa

Alpha versions of your map
Nstar

ut4_villa

Postby Nstar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am

Hi guys, I'm a complete mapping nub!
This is my first ever map, so it's pretty bad. Basically it's what I used to learn radiant.
I would really appreciate any feedback at all, especially the hard truths about my fails. Please be brutal.
But, tbh, I'm so sick of this map... I'm anxious to sart a new project with what I've learned.
It doesn't have any hinting; it has very basic lighting, horrible textures (all default from UrT), bad clipping, and no bot support.
It has well placed spawns, bombsites, cah locs, and target_location's. It also has my own skybox, and tons of black rayne models.

Screens:
http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/TheHandiCraftsman/story/58977

DL linl:
http://maps.vrzclan.com/q3ut4/ut4_villa_a11.pk3

banksy

Re: ut4_villa

Postby banksy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 am

Looks decent for your first shot man!! Can I get a layout of it at all? So I can see the waypoints and shit?

Biddle

Postby Biddle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Hey Nstar ;)

Nstar

Postby Nstar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:37 am

Well, there aren't really any waypoints. It's more of an FFA map for 3-7 players (late round knockouts). Actually I'll be self promoting by using it in the round of 5 in the next Asia Pacific Knockout, since I'm the admin for that event :P But, the flow is more like a race in TS. Both teams rush into the house and try to get good position before the other arrives. When it get's down to 1v1 or 1v2, etc, usually it's a race to hold the roof. From the roof, there is a cool escape option which is to jump into the pool, avoiding lemm dmg. But yeah, just a small map that focuses and surrounds a big house.
Anyway, speaking of knockouts, I haven't chosen the other maps yet, so if anyone wants to have a map featured in APKO this/next week, let me know!!

Nstar

Postby Nstar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:40 am

hey biddle, thanks for directing me here to this mapping community!! I'm excited to see all these mappers and resources. Until now, I was just hopping on #radiant and asking my stupid questions there, and using the super old urbanterror.info resources (most of which are dead links now).

Return to “Alpha”