ut4_villa

Alpha versions of your map
Nstar

ut4_villa

Post by Nstar »

Hi guys, I'm a complete mapping nub!
This is my first ever map, so it's pretty bad. Basically it's what I used to learn radiant.
I would really appreciate any feedback at all, especially the hard truths about my fails. Please be brutal.
But, tbh, I'm so sick of this map... I'm anxious to sart a new project with what I've learned.
It doesn't have any hinting; it has very basic lighting, horrible textures (all default from UrT), bad clipping, and no bot support.
It has well placed spawns, bombsites, cah locs, and target_location's. It also has my own skybox, and tons of black rayne models.

Screens:
http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/TheHandiCraftsman/story/58977

DL linl:
http://maps.vrzclan.com/q3ut4/ut4_villa_a11.pk3

banksy

Re: ut4_villa

Post by banksy »

Looks decent for your first shot man!! Can I get a layout of it at all? So I can see the waypoints and shit?

Biddle

Post by Biddle »

Hey Nstar ;)

Nstar

Post by Nstar »

Well, there aren't really any waypoints. It's more of an FFA map for 3-7 players (late round knockouts). Actually I'll be self promoting by using it in the round of 5 in the next Asia Pacific Knockout, since I'm the admin for that event :P But, the flow is more like a race in TS. Both teams rush into the house and try to get good position before the other arrives. When it get's down to 1v1 or 1v2, etc, usually it's a race to hold the roof. From the roof, there is a cool escape option which is to jump into the pool, avoiding lemm dmg. But yeah, just a small map that focuses and surrounds a big house.
Anyway, speaking of knockouts, I haven't chosen the other maps yet, so if anyone wants to have a map featured in APKO this/next week, let me know!!

Nstar

Post by Nstar »

hey biddle, thanks for directing me here to this mapping community!! I'm excited to see all these mappers and resources. Until now, I was just hopping on #radiant and asking my stupid questions there, and using the super old urbanterror.info resources (most of which are dead links now).