ut4_filth [FTWGL] [Alpha 2b]

Alpha versions of your map
v3nd3tta

ut4_filth [FTWGL] [Alpha 2b]

Post by v3nd3tta »

Hey Guys, I made my map Public...
I had no big time because of my lovely GF, but I am also very inactive because of my Job and such things. Sorry.

This Version is only a "bugfix" to a Version I gave out privately for Testing.
that's why it's named "alpha 2 b"... hope you have fun with my map.

This "Version" is my Beta Version until now, just that I don't want to finish my map with FTWGL, I want to make it beta with the final release for FTWGL.
I would like to thank you for every help and tips you might give me.

my alpha = FTWGL Beta
my Beta = FTWGL Final
my Final = Exellent Map after the FTWGL Contest

Screens:

Spoiler: show
You can Click on the Images or the Texts to view Fullsize. Ty

Small Marketplace

Fountain in Front of the Lighthouse

Church Area

Gallows Area

// My FTP is broken sorry, the map looks horrible - but I am out for the Gameplay.

Download: here (mediafire)

Thank you for every Feedback I may get which might get me time to map some days.
I do not want: Flames about the "visuals" - gimme Tips instead on the Visuals and the Gameplay.
Thank you <3

greetz, ~v3nd3tta

View the "old filthy Progress Report 1" _beLOW_...
Spoiler: show
## THIS WAS: Progress Report #1 ##

I decided to call my Map now ut4_filth (Filth) as I completely thought over my concept, and re-made everything.
My previous thoughts were to re-make a town's marketplace where I have lived in my childtime,
but then I stumbled upon a masterpiece.
I discovered a minecraft video online, where someone showed around his creation, and the style really got me into.
I loved the architecture and kinda the basic parts of the Layout, and drew it in my mind and on a paper.
Then I discovered, even if the Layout was kinda good I had to make some changes
- so I added 3 or more paths and moved around some Houses to make Gameplay interesting.

This are the Layouts on the Paper - left more detailed including roofs, right gametype-related.

While mapping and compiling over 5 Test Versions I did not get my ocean working correctly - the lighting of the ocean or the overall map lighting is off, so I have to do that including some basic lights and models and House Facades until Report Number 2
I know I'm a newb but I'm really proud of the Layout and I'll playtest it with some friends in the next days to check heart and lungs ;)

How far I got yet in Radiant :).

I will place a lighthouse in the middle of the trapez-clip brush I think - comments appreciated :)
Greets, v3nd3tta :)

Rayne
Site Admin

Re: ut4_filth [FTWGL] [Alpha 2b]

Post by Rayne »

Haven't tried it yet so i don't know the actual scale, but the light house looks a little too short. Could be just the screenshots tho.

MajkiFajki

Post by MajkiFajki »

This map is very CQB oriented. Basically, it m4/lr300 map. I'm not sure it's ok.

theRipper

Post by theRipper »

a good sr8 only map for b00bs sr8 server

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

yes, I wanted "Close Quarters Battle" as well as some good "Professional Sr8 Action" and no camping...
so the map is "very" small in comparision to "oaks" and "poland" of course...
I am trying to make very quick jumps possible around the corners and such to mainentain the "cqb" and rushing feeling.

Working on the CtF Balancing, Textures and Details atm :)

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

My initial feeling is that it feels like there's too many pathways and too many narrow connections between areas. But more play testing is needed.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

I enjoyed the ctf layout and I like the openness and vertical space, it's a fast pace map in this respect.

As v3nd3tta proved in a TS session, it's a good map for the SR8 player who moves fast - with an assault weapon and kevlar I was out jumped.

Sorry to nag but I wish you'd just put some better textures on to give the map a sporting chance of being played more.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Hey v3n,

Your map was played last night in the Beta Cup in CTF. Here's the thread for the match: http://www.ftwgl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7322 There you will find 2 demos of the teams playing it (from each team's perspective) and maybe a bit of feedback (and champ said he was going to reply later with more feedback).

Also, since the teams were [1up] and PNK, you might want to look at the screenshots, see who played, and then you could always go ask them on IRC or whatever for specific opinions about the map if you want. Although even if they don't say much, I bet watching the demos would tell you a lot.

Lunaxe

Post by Lunaxe »

Yea man just tried this out last night with 2 v 2 capture the flag... i like the layout overall, but i was really hoping for some more height variation (as in accessible heights) throughout the map. Still, thats just me being picky :P gj man
Care to see some of my work? http://www.youtube.com/user/xxlunaxexx